We reserved this place online during the low season (July). I had wanted to stay at Tulemar or Makanda by the Sea, but settled on Villas Nicolas due to the cost. When we arrived in MA many places were advertising low rates due to the low season. I think we could have gotten a better deal somewhere else had we shopped around. The appeal of Tulemar and Makanda was the private beach. We didn't come to lay on the beach (we did hike around the park at MA which was beautiful), but the main public beach in MA reminded us of some place in Mexico. Lots of "official" looking guys trying to tell you where to park and many guys walking around the beach trying to sell you stuff. VN says they're walking distance to the beach, but it's about 20 mins walk on the main roadway. We drove. If you want a relaxing beach vacation, stay somewhere with a private beach.
The villa itself was nice and clean. At the end of an almost 2 week trip, it was nice to have a kitchen and we cooked dinner two nights. The pool here was good, although the Jacuzzi was not heated. There were many problems with the Wi-Fi, and only worked in our room the first night. We had to go to the pool area for access. We felt safe here and there is parking right in front for your car. We did get to watch an amazing thunderstorm one night that rattled the windows!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Nicolas is a small 18 room condominium style hotel.We are located on the Manuel Antonio mountainside overlooking the Pacific Ocean.Our hotel is comprised of 5 rows of terraced rooms (approx 4 rooms per row)surrounded by gardens and jungle....all with oceanviews. Villas Nicolas is designed for the independent traveler who prefers "small & intimate" to the "all inclusive" resort type experience.Our Type 3 suites have full kitchens for those who wish to take advantage of the local produce and fresh fish that this area provides.We offer on site management and all night security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Villas Nicolas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Nicolas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel Nicolas
- Villas Nicolas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park