This was probably the very best hotel we stayed in during our Honeymoon- We had stayed in Tullemar bungaloes for 2 nights and we were disappointed and we spent a morning visiting other hotels in the area and Makanda by the sea was definately the nicest and they were willing to bargin!- We got a third off the price by just asking! We stayed in Villa 10- it was fabulous- huge 4 poster bed with mosquito netting, really high ceilings, lovely bathroom with gorgeous slate tiles and a big shower, a walk in wardroom, amazing views of jungle from your very private balcony- a hammock to sway in- breakfast automatically deliverd to your room- a fabulous kitchen- great service and lovely pool area and the restaurant was FAB- you can also walk down a very quiet country laneaffic free of to the fabulous long beach of Manuel Antonio- my number one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio