All reviewsocean clubinfinity poolprivate beachevery morningcosta ricaour honeymoongolf carthotel beachthe main roadromantic getawaypool restaurantview of the oceanbreakfast is servedwalked downmain poolhowler monkeysfloor to ceiling windows
Reviewed September 27, 2017

Let me just say that this hotel is beautiful! My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate our anniversary and we stayed in the ocean deluxe suite. I am here to tell you the best time to visit here is during off season (rainy season) because you practically have the whole place to yourselves. The views here were spectacular we were both so in shock the details this hotel had an that wherever you walked, lounged, or ate you had a gorgeous view. Not to mention the wild monkeys swinging above you while in the pool. Some awesome features about this hotel is that it is adult only and there is two beaches you can walk down to...there is a beach with no waves and one with waves (so something for everyone) my boyfriend surfs so he was a veryyy happy camper! He was out there everyday. Such an awesome first experience for us both to Costa Rica!! Thank you Makanda for a great stay we will be back again!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank briannabarteky
MAKANDAFAMILY, Management at Makanda by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Dear Brianna,
Thank you for choosing Makanda and visiting our profile.
We really appreciate your kind words, our staff enjoyed taking care of you and we all miss you already.
Looking forward to host you again for your second, third, forth... time in Costa Rica ;-)
Have a great and blessed weekend...!!!

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful estate. Great pool(s). We had the pool villa. The queen bed is a bit small for two persons. Ordered dinner in room which was great. We were offered a bottle of champagne complementary.
The only minor is that we only stayed for 1 night.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends

Buenos días and thank you for choosing Makanda!
We are glad that you had a nice experience.
Looking forward to host you again.
Let´s just making longer so we get a good chance to really pamper you.
Make sure to mention that you already stayed with us when making your next reservation(s).
Have a great and blessed weekend...!!!

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

I came here for a bday getaway & it was spectacular. The concierge & their hospitality was beyond amazing! They went above & beyond to surprise me w cake & champagne (didn't even ask for any of it, all thanks to Alberto )! Loved every moment that I was there! Would & have recommend this place to many others!

Stayed: September 2017
MAKANDAFAMILY, Owner at Makanda by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear guest!

So happy you loved your getaway with us! Happy Birthday and hope to see you again! Cheers!!!!!))

Reviewed September 24, 2017

This resort is hidden jungle/Sea Gem. When we arrived, Alberto was very helpful and made us feel so welcome. The staff was very helpful & friendly. Beautiful views, great location. I have been to many resorts in Manuel Antonio and this is my favorite! This hotel is an oasis in the forest/Sea. I come back every year to Costa Rica. I stay for 3 months and come to Manuel Antonio about 3 times during my stay. Makanda is where I will stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Guest!

It is so important for us to know that our efforts succeeded. It is always inspiring when people share your passion. Thanks for your support. Hugs!

Reviewed September 20, 2017

just after the wedding, we jumped into the plane and rushed to the far-away dream country of Costa Rica. After spending 22 hours at airports and different planes, absolutely exhausted we got to the destination. How nice it was to be greeted by a super positive minivan driver who drive us with comfort to Hotel Makanda. From the first minute we fell in love with it - we simply did not expect such beauty in the middle of the jungle, with fantastic views of the ocean. We were met as kings and every minute of our stay they tried to do everything so that we were happy. The room was huge, magnificent design and view of the ocean, decorated with rose petals, we were waited with a cold rose champagne and hot jacuzzi. The next morning we were offered breakfast on the menu with options to choose from. Food was delicious. By the way, the food in the hotel are really good. I definitely recommend visiting a new restaurant for a romantic dinner - we really enjoyed it. I can say Makanda is a great mix of relaxing atmosphere, service, design, cleanliness, wild nature beauty and killing sunsets. We were happy! Thanks Makanda for our fabulous honeymoon!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Paulina!

Is so important for us to hear this words, especially from honeymoon couple. It was such an honour to share this amazing days with your beautiful family! Our best wishes and tropical hugs from Costa Rican Paradise))