We stayed in a studio at Makanda for 3 nights during our trip to Costa Rica. The view was gorgeous. It was very private, which is something that was hard to find at other hotels. The breakfasts are the best we have ever had at any hotel anywhere and it was great having breakfast delivered to our studio in the mornings. The only downside is the long walk to the beach. Perhaps they should provide a shuttle service that ferrys their guests to the beach to make things easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio