........parrots, toucans, agoutis and 3 different species of monkeys around our Villa #8. Makanda has more wildlife than we saw in Manuel Antonio National Park. The villa was private, it had an awesome view down a valley to the ocean. I swam and floated around all by myself under a gorgeous full moon it the incredible Makanda pool. Luxury and jungle, love it.
The staff were super helpful, there were a lot of people working there to make our stay memorial. I wish we had booked our whole vacation at Makanda, but we moved around a bit in Manuel Antonio. The bed and linens were heaven, one day I just crawled back in, I had opened all the balcony doors (the whole width of the villa) so as to watch the jungle go by.
Definitely stay here, it's magical.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park