Arrived there after a week on the carribbean coast. I was expecting it to be lovely but no where near as lovely as what we found when we got there...everything was spotless and the rooms were a brilliant size. The views were unparralelled anywhere in Manuel Antonio and on top of this we got an upgrade to a Villa as a result of a Boiler problem in a studio. We spent 6 nights in the most comfortable bed i've ever slept in, finding it hard to adjust now i'm back in my own. Pool is gorgeous and the wildlife is everywhere...saw 3 types of monkey while staying here, on top of the butterflies, lizards and nyumerous birds...more animals than the national park. Overall we enjoyed this hotel 100% and would (and have) recommend it to all my friends. Would recommend hiring a car for a holiday down here, as taxi drivers know its an upmarket hotel and tend to set their own prices. Althought he hotel does offer a shuttle to top of Hill for free. Good touch. And its quiet, with only 11 rooms there was rarely more than 2 couples by the pool at anyone time..Paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio