We were actually here in May, 2010, but have just booked our trip to return next month. I have not stayed anywhere else in Manuel Antonio, but when I find something I really like I prefer to stay with it so I can't make any comparisons. We stayed in Villa 10 and are staying there again. The room was beautiful, quiet with an amazing view. What is better than having breakfast on the terrace, overlooking the Pacific and watching groups of monkeys wander on by? The grounds are very well kept and the pool area was quiet and relaxing with a quaint little restaurant. Makanda keeps a no children under 12 rule so you only hear the screaming of the Howler Monkeys and not the the screaming of the abundant child monkey(nothing wrong with children, but its nice to have a break.)
Can't wait to get there!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio