A little haven away from all the tourists of Manuel Antonio.
The suites are amazing and totally private. They are beautifully appointed and very clean.The balconies have a view of the Pacific to die for. To relax on a hammock looking at the sea is just a wonderful way to while away the time.
Beware if any walking problems that some of the room have a LOT of steps to them and if they are down from reception one has to climb up to the swimming pool and restaurant.
We had white headed capuchin monkeys in the trees right next to the balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park