We stayed last June for 5 nights in Deluxe 11, the view was breathtaking and everyone at the hotel went out of their way for us. Randall was so informative about the wildlife; he would even call us in the room when a sloth or the family of Monkeys were hanging out by the pool! This was our first time in Costa Rica and we already booked for this year in the Villa (above from Deluxe). Leo and staff is so gracious and the experience we had was wonderful. Thank you to everyone. The reason why I am sending the review so late was the Jan 6th review - badmouthing Makanda - NOT TRUE, it is such a shame that miserable people can ruin such a beautiful place. Please go and stay at Makanda; you will fall in love with it like we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park