Makanda has some great features that make it a perfect spot to relax. From our terrace we had an amazing view over the surrounding vegetation and the ocean. We could fully enjoy this view during breakfast since it was delivered every morning in our villa. While we were eating pancakes or local specialities monkeys were passing by, jumping from tree to tree. Later on we could go to the lovely swimming pool (very good size) or walk down to the beach (15 minutes on a rather steep trail).
We just felt that the in-house restaurant could serve more exciting food regarding the standard of the hotel. You can find other eating options within a 15-20 minutes walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park