The Makanda ranks as one of the best hotels we have experienced. We stayed in a villa nestled away in the jungle with a breathtaking view of the ocean. It was a very peaceful and intimate setting. The decor is very simple, clean and serene. The staff was very accommodating, providing pleasant and responsive service. The poolside restaurant served delicious meals and a knock-out view. The hotel does not provide shuttle service into town as some other do, so best to have your own transportation or plan to hoof it up and down the many hills. If you are looking for a truly peaceful vacation, you should consider this very small, intimate hotel. Careful when you choose to travel, since Makanda abuts the rainforest - you can expect some downfalls in the evening but may want to stay away from the wet season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park