Just left Makanda today, after 5 nights. The rooms (villa 5) are beautiful, roomy and incredibly scenic. Randall -- bartender and waiter was the nicest guy ever. Recommended great places to eat and took special care of our family. The restaurant and infinity pool have the most amazing view. Great food in restaurant. Lots of animals (monkeys, sloths, birds) on the premises. Great A/C, which isn't always the case in tropical places. Derwin at the front desk, helped recommend and book our Canopy Tour and White Water Rafting Tour. Both companies were amazing and we couldn't have been happier. I strongly suggest you stay here. The price was very competitive for such an elegant place. The patio had a beautiful view of the ocean, great breeze, hammock, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makanda By the Sea is 12 acres of wildlife sanctuary, 100 meters above the ocean. Our fully equipped Villas and Studios are carefully placed in rainforest gardens with spectacular views of the sixty mile coastline. Hotel Makanda is the ideal location for guests wishing to experience “romance in nature”, dazzling sunset views and our personalized boutique hotel ambiance. Offering gourmet cuisine, first class service, and close to Manuel Antonio Park, Spas, Restaurants, Tours and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Otel, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Makanda by the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makanda By The Sea Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Makanda By The Sea Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park