“Not for small children”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio
Didi's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 17 Manuel Antonio B&B and Inns
Mountain Grove, Missouri
“Not for small children”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I loved Didi's B&B, the only reason we stay one night and not three is our son (15 months). My husband and I had to walk our son every second and not able to enjoy breakfast, because our son kept trying to jump into the pool.

It was a peaceful and charming. The owner and his staff were very friendly and helpful. I felt very safe and welcomed here.

The floors creak just a bit, but it wasn't a deal breaker for us.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Venezuela
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were looking for a clean bedroom with A/C and hot water where we could spend three nights at Manuel Antonio.... but we got so much more!!! A very comfortable and tidy bedroom with cable TV and quiet A/C; light fixtures, controllable from the bedside; a kitchenette with a refrigerator, a sink, a small stove and dishware; a clothes-hanging frame and shelves; a spacious bathroom and shower with hot water... and even Wi-Fi connection and parking space!!! Elsa, our friendly maid, cleaned our bedroom and changed our towels and bed linen daily. But what really made our stay extraordinary was Ezio -- our helpful, thoughtful and generous host -- who not only was very attentive to our every need, but cooked delicious and healthy four-course dinners for us at an unbeatable price; he even made us a special Italian banquet (which included two good portions of his superb, genuine tiramisu) and presented us with a bottle of sparkling wine to celebrate our anniversary!!! It really couldn't have been any better than this, and we challenge anyone to find a better value at Manuel Antonio. Grazie mille, Ezio.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jose R
Champaign, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I started our honeymoon tour of Costa Rica at Didi’s. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Location: Didi’s is located between Quepos and the beach/national park. At first, I was somewhat surprised by the distance to the beach, but by the end of our visit it was no problem at all. The bus stops very close to the B&B and is a very cheap ride to restaurants and the beach. However, my wife and I actually walked 30-45 minutes to the beach almost everyday we were there. We like getting out, exploring, and being active, so we found a few backroads with winding hills and counted it as an adventure every morning. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance that are worth checking out, and again, taking the bus to Quepos or MA is very easy and cheap.

Rooms: The room we stayed it was modest but comfortable. For the price, it is almost unbeatable. Very clean and quiet. We had no trouble sleeping at all.

Service: Ezio is such a nice man and his dogs are very friendly! The breakfast of fruit, bread, juice, and coffee each morning was simple yet a great start to each day. We were actually the only people there when we stayed (during the low season), and Ezio gave us plenty of space but was very helpful whenever we needed something. Not a malicious cell in him!

If you are willing to save a ton of money by not being right on the beach, then look no further than Didi’s!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We checked this place out due to good reviews on TA and the price. Granted, finding a cheap place to stay in this part of costa rica is difficult however we were left a bit disappointed and underwhelmed with this place.

The owner was very nice and very helpful: fixing the broken shower in our room to enable us to have a warm shower and generally being very pleasant and nice. The B&B sits next to the regular public bus stop (just outisde hotel gaia/la luna restaurant) which is very handy as the buses are reliable and cheap. Also on the positives, the room was fairly big with a balcony, AC, cable TV and a fan.

However the place was let down by the following:

- Smelly (very) dog who will follow you unless you make it clear to Ezio you do not want this! The dog smell permeates the premises
- Rooms were not 100% clean and had a smell of slight dampness
- Shower did not work initially for hot water but was rapidly fixed by Ezio
- No WIFI in the room and WIFI very very temperamental in the communal area downstairs

In short, ok if you don't mind dogs, the smell of dogs, lack of reliable internet and rooms not entirely clean and want to save some money in this part of Costa Rica. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Go for a room with AC to reduce smell of dampness and ask Ezio to keep his dog at bay if you don'...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JennaNikki
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Ezio is a great host, always available if you need him, but it's like he's not there when you don't. Breakfast is simple... Toast and fruit with coffee and juice. The dinner Ezio makes is a must! It was the best meal I had on our entire honeymoon. The bed and breakfast felt like Peewee's play house! It was very unique and different. The bed was definitely not the most comfortable, but the experience was cool and the location was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Havertown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I just returned yesterday with my wife from a trip that included La Selva, Cerro de la Muerte, and Manuel Antonio. I have not been to any of these places since 2007 and I have to say that overall, Manuel Antonio has grown for the worse. It is too busy with too little real infrastructure and WAY overpriced for what you receive. However, that said, there is a hidden gem on the road from Quepos leading to the MA national park and that is Didi's Bed and Breakfast. Situated between Quepos and Manuel Antonio with a nearby bus station it is perfectly situated to avoid the crowds yet easy distance from the beach and all the craziness on either side. Additionally, the Proprietor Ezio is an amazing host, friendly, charming, and always willing to help. His two companions (Lou and Ulysses, a poodle and a labrador) are also very friendly. His prices are very reasonable and he is an amazing chef. If you are staying for more than one night I would highly recommend that you partake in his optional dinner which will be less expensive than the surrounding restaurants, includes a bottle of wine or a couple of beers, and is real authentic northern Italian cuisine. I wold definitely stay with him again if I found myself in that neck of the woods.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to the heat choose one of the rooms that has optional air conditioning for a li...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron B
Axbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed at DiDi's B&B after finding it on a search. I'm so glad I did! I had an amazing room (downstairs) which had a kitchen which enabled me to buy some of the fresh fish from the area and cook myself. The location is ideal, across the street is the bus stop for Quepos or Manuel Antonio, costing only 50c or so. There is a secure gate so its only residents that have access to the property, which was comforting. The room was immaculate and Ezio was the perfect host, helping with any enquiries I had. The breakfast was lovely fresh fruit and toast, with tea or coffee. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Manuel Antonio. Perfect in every way! Thank you Ezio for everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo