“Our family and our 2 year old Loved it!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio
Didi's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 17 Manuel Antonio B&B and Inns
Michigan
“Our family and our 2 year old Loved it!”
Reviewed June 3, 2008

We stayed for 3 nights and almost came back later in our trip because we liked it so much! Ezio is an amazing host. Our 2 year old still talks about him months later. There were monkeys in the trees right outside our room and we didn't find the road/bar traffic to be bad at all. We loved the intimacy and character of Didi's. Our daughter swam for hours in his little pool. Make sure to eat dinner, Ezio is an incredible cook. I'd recommend it to anyone wishing for an authentic and relaxing stay.

• Liked — The host
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
global
Reviewed May 12, 2008

My husband (62) and I (50) stayed here for 3 weeks while exploring the Quepos/ Manuel Antonio area. Ezio was the perfect host. I am not one to want all of the amenities, just a place that I can use as a basecamp and someone to answer my questions. Didi's provided this along with a wonderful breakfast. (I also recommend you get Ezio to cook you dinner sometime.) Ezio picked me up supplies in town serveral times when I needed it and he arranged for a unforgettable evening sail for my husband and my anniversary. Our room was spacious with a small kitchenette. A/C is optional but the ceiling fan was plenty. The small pool is perfect for just cooling off; it is a large spa size, not a swimming size. The porch was a great place to sit and relax. I do agree with previous reviewers that this is not a place for everyone.
PROS:
Ezio is a wonderful host and is willing to help anyway reasonable.
Rooms and public areas are kept clean and comfortable.
Breakfast is excellent with an option for eggs, bacon.
Sitting in a hill provides a nice breeze.
The large room with the kitchenette is on the lower floor near the pool. Recommend this room instead of one upstairs. Double doors open on the porch and provide great ventilation.
The dog is wonderful, friendly, and polite. He's a labrador, afterall. Ulyses would keep me company at night, when Ezio was out, lying on the floor under the fan. If you don't like dogs, he is not overbaring and will leave you alone. I invited him in since I missed the company of my own animals.
Close to Quepos but away from the town noise and congestion.
Walking distance to the spanish school, Escuela D'Amore.
Bus stop very close.
Great locally owned restaurant within walking distance - Ambrosia. Great food!!!!

CONS:
Here the biggest problem I have with this hotel/B&B - it's located above the road on top of the ridge so construction trucks engage the air brakes just as they pass the hotel. This is very noisy but does not occur late in the evening. However, it was noisy in the morning while eating breakfast on the porch. That said, most of the hotels are along this same highway.
The floor above squeaks when people are in the rooms above the large kitchnette room. Fortunately, the floors only cover the back half of the large room, not the front half where the bed is located. We were not bothered by the squeak at all when going to bed at night.
It is next to a strip club, but there was never any problem, noise, or other indicators of the club next door. It just gave us a place to tell the cab driver when they were'nt familiar with the hotel name. They always knew where the club was. My husband got a couple of chuckles when using the club as the destination.
No matter where you are in this area, there are no good places to walk. The road is narrow and cars drive fast. We did walk to Quepos almost everyday, but most people would not want to do this. I just hate not being able to walk everywhere.
No ocean views, but you are not paying for ocean views!

I do not recommend this place for those with children or people who have trouble climbing stairs (steps up from the road to the porch are several), or those wanted to be pampered and catered to. This is a comfortable, no frills, delightful B&B that we considered perfect!! My husband said I could not have done any better in finding a place to stay.

• Liked — atmosphere, host, location to school where I was in class
  • Disliked — Highway noise in the morning at breakfast
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank terrasurveyor
Vancouver Island
Reviewed March 9, 2008

Great host, diplomatic, warm and friendly, great ambience, great food, and especially optional dinners. Ezio is a great cook! Easy place to be.

Stayed February 2008
Earth
Reviewed July 20, 2007

We stayed at Didi’s for five days. I chose this particular B&B because it was highly recommended by a travel book and it received good reviews on here. I wasn’t as impressed as some of the previous reviewers. I wouldn’t stay there again and wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

PROS
Very nice owner
Reasonable price
Large room with a kitchenette
Clean room
Great air conditioning with ceiling fan
Fresh fruit for breakfast and good coffee
Very close to public bus stop

CONS
Owner has stinky dogs
Neighbors have barking dogs and a rooster
Right next to a strip club
Lots of roads traffic
Smelly bathroom
Luke warm water
Cheaply constructed, we thought the upstairs guests were going to fall through our ceiling.
Not the best location

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank beast14
Reviewed May 8, 2007

Had a great time. Stayed 3 nights in the upstairs room with a balcony. The room was air conditioned and very clean. Enzio was a delight and very friendly. I highly recommend eating dinner there. We went fishing and brought back our catch which Enzio gladly included in the dinner he served. Enzio is an excellent cook and it was by far the best meal we had during our stay. Breakfast was great every morning. Fresh fruit ,homemade pastries, toast, and fresh squeezed orange juice. We had a great time at DiDi's and would go back again. WR

• Liked — how it was decorated
  • Disliked — dogs he had three of them
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank winterwren
Mount Vernon, WA
Reviewed April 25, 2007

four of us stayed three nights in the upstairs rooms. thankfully in one of them the air conditioning worked (the other room was broken). he charges $15 extra a night for the a/c. it was very hot and humid. delightfully when we arrived and were walking upstairs a group of squirrel monkeys were coming through at that time. the owner showed us how to feed them bananas. the rooms are large, VERY squeaky wood floors and cute balconies. bathrooms cannot be cooled by a/c because they are open air. beds are okay, two twins pushed together. breakfast is great. the fresh fruit it wonderful and the espresso (verse the "dirty water" as he calls regular coffee). however, didi died last year so it is just the man and he is caretaking his mother-in-law. so the place has become cluttered, unkept and it just needs a really thorough deep cleaning, organizing and fresh paint. the poor guy is depressed and seems lost and he wore the same clothes four days in a row and smelled. we felt bad for him. probably in it's glory days with the charm of didi it was a nice place. if you aren't picky on cleanliness, this is an okay place.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank taramadlung
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Didi's in early March and loved it. Ezio is wonderful and makes a darn good cup of espresso. The room we stayed in was huge, clean, and beautiful (there are only three rooms, we stayed on the first floor).

There are tons of birds and lizards everywhere! In the evening little green geckos can be seen travelling across the wall. Unfortunately monkeys didn't grace us with their presence but you can see plenty in the park just down the road. Breakfast was good, lots of fresh fruit, toast and pastries. Ezio also has great restaurant recommendations- and the housekeeper lead us to a great little beach just down the road.

Unfortunately, Didi herself passed away this past November. Such a shame since from all the reviews we read she was a wonderful person we would have liked to have met. But Ezio and his two crazy dogs carry on. We aboslultely loved this place and would definitely come back.

• Liked — Our room!
  • Disliked — Electric heated water- it creeps me out!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple