New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Unique and interesting!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Didi's Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio National Park
Didi's Bed & Breakfast
You added Didi's Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
JennaNikki
“Unique and interesting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Ezio is a great host, always available if you need him, but it's like he's not there when you don't. Breakfast is simple... Toast and fruit with coffee and juice. The dinner Ezio makes is a must! It was the best meal I had on our entire honeymoon. The bed and breakfast felt like Peewee's play house! It was very unique and different. The bed was definitely not the most comfortable, but the experience was cool and the location was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Havertown, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I just returned yesterday with my wife from a trip that included La Selva, Cerro de la Muerte, and Manuel Antonio. I have not been to any of these places since 2007 and I have to say that overall, Manuel Antonio has grown for the worse. It is too busy with too little real infrastructure and WAY overpriced for what you receive. However, that said, there is a hidden gem on the road from Quepos leading to the MA national park and that is Didi's Bed and Breakfast. Situated between Quepos and Manuel Antonio with a nearby bus station it is perfectly situated to avoid the crowds yet easy distance from the beach and all the craziness on either side. Additionally, the Proprietor Ezio is an amazing host, friendly, charming, and always willing to help. His two companions (Lou and Ulysses, a poodle and a labrador) are also very friendly. His prices are very reasonable and he is an amazing chef. If you are staying for more than one night I would highly recommend that you partake in his optional dinner which will be less expensive than the surrounding restaurants, includes a bottle of wine or a couple of beers, and is real authentic northern Italian cuisine. I wold definitely stay with him again if I found myself in that neck of the woods.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to the heat choose one of the rooms that has optional air conditioning for a li...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ron B
Axbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed at DiDi's B&B after finding it on a search. I'm so glad I did! I had an amazing room (downstairs) which had a kitchen which enabled me to buy some of the fresh fish from the area and cook myself. The location is ideal, across the street is the bus stop for Quepos or Manuel Antonio, costing only 50c or so. There is a secure gate so its only residents that have access to the property, which was comforting. The room was immaculate and Ezio was the perfect host, helping with any enquiries I had. The breakfast was lovely fresh fruit and toast, with tea or coffee. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Manuel Antonio. Perfect in every way! Thank you Ezio for everything.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our family of four stayed at Didi's for three nights and truly enjoyed the cleanliness, charm and genuine character of this cozy Bed & Breakfast. Ezio was a wonderful host and chef for us! His Italian dinner proved to be one of the best dining options in Manuel Antonio, the morning coffee the best one we had had in Costa Rica The little swimming pool and a jacuzzi were a life saver with the kids after it got dark at 6PM. And you can gaze at the stars as long as you wish for! It is highly recommended, quality accommodation definitely worth its price!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The owner, Ezio was truly the best host we had throughout or time in Costa Rica.

The room was spotless and we even had our own kitchen. The breakfast was fresh and delicious - the coffee was top notch!

We saw monkeys and a sloth in the trees across from us while we sat on patio! The major highlight of our time at Didi's was the amazing 4 course Italian feast Ezio prepared for us! If you stay there you can arrange for this and you won't be disappointed! He even prepared my pasta gluten free due to food restrictions I am limited to.

I think it goes without saying we loved our time at Didi's and would happily return!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Meg_Vancity
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Compared to the prices of other hotels in the area, this is one of the best. At about $65/night, it definitely beats out the competition. The rooms are spacious and well decorated, and the owner is very helpful and thoughtful. He came out to the entrance with an umbrella when it was raining and even gave us a ride to the bus stop when we were leaving!

Like many hotels in Manuel Antonio, you can't really walk anywhere because the roads are too busy and narrow for pedestrians. However, a bus comes about every 20 minutes between 8am and 8pm and, for 50 cents, you can take a 10 minute ride to the town of Quepos or to Manuel Antonio. The only restaurant in walking distance I went to was La Luna because I read their desserts were great-- they weren't really though, so I wouldn't recommend going there. Just ask Ezio for recommendations on where to eat instead.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I cannot recommend this place enough. Ezio the innkeeper is an eccentrically charming Italian gentleman whose hospitable nature is complimented beautifully by his culinary prowess. YOU MUST STAY FOR DINNER---he is a wizard in the kitchen. Rooms are spacious and clean and every request is met with the utmost care and the entertaining gestures of an animated and wonderful host.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple