Deciding on where to stay in Manuel Antonio was difficult for my husband and I, that is until we came across Tulemar properties. Seeing the pictures and reading the other reviews, we knew it was exactly what we were looking for in a vacation. We spent our first night at the nearby Falls Resort (which was very nice, but honestly Tulemar is on a different level). We booked the Green Coast Bungalows through Dave at "www.4tulemar.com". The assistance and guidance provided by Dave and the concierge, Mauricio through emails was outstanding. They quickly replied to my dozens of questions regarding Manuel Antonio before we even arrived.
Our vacation began at Tulemar when Mauricio personally picked us up from the Falls Resort and drove us to our Bungalow. The property itself is incredible and in my opinion, the most beautiful property in Manuel Antonio. There are animals all over. Our view was AMAZING. The pool on the property was perfect and just a short walk from our room. The rooms were very roomy, clean and we always felt safe. Tulemar was a short walking distance to some pretty amazing restaurants (Agua Azul was our favorite!).
The beach was INCREDIBLE. Having a "private" beach just down the hill was worth the stay alone. The public beach in Manuel Antonio is nice, but honestly it is quite a walk to get there! We took a taxi, and the taxi's can be pricey, so we preferred the beach at Tulemar, especially since we when we went we were the only ones on it! The boogie boards, snorkel gear and beach attendant Dave were an added bonus! The only one thing that we could complain of was the shuttle service. It took forever to pick you up from and to the beach. We walked down the first day but it was quite steep so we decided to take the shuttle back up, we did wait about 15 minutes for it every time.
On our last night, Mauricio brought us (in the rain) a batch of freshly baked brownies, which were undoubtedly the best brownies I have ever had. It was the perfect ending to our vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio