We spent 5 days in a bungalow here and really enjoyed it. The staff takes great care of you; the pool and beach are great; Manuel Antonio is just down the street, and you don't even have to leave the resort to see monkeys and tree sloths. It's definitely a resort in its structure and vibe, but it's small enough that you don't feel like you're in club med. The food is generally mediocre, but you can find things that are acceptable, and the breakfast is great. My one complaint is that the music at the restaurant tends to be either Latin pop or new age and neither are to my liking. But, given the views from the restaurant, the proximity of the pool, and the monkeys swinging through the trees, it's all good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio