“Simply a wonderful place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manuel Antonio
Tulemar Bungalows & Villas
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We just returned from a too short 7 day tour of CR. We've traveled to a lot of beautiful places but found CR and Manuel Antonio to be one of our favorites. Luckily, we found Villa Mot Mot on VRBO and fell in love with it. It's beautifully decorated with 180 degree views of the ocean. The monkeys visit in the AM and the amenities of Tulemar- pool, restaurant , private beach & friendly staff made our stay easy and fun. The best part of our trip was a guided tour of MA & zip-lining- both arranged by the owner's assistants- Diego & Chris. Wow, what great guys. We can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank mtngals
Write a ReviewReviews (2,564)

Reviewed March 5, 2009

First of all I have to say WOW!!! Each bungalow is an octagon shape and you are surrounded by the Pacific ocean and the jungle. The view was spectacular, the service was impeccable and the beach was fantastic. The hotel is about a 10 minute bus ride to Manuel Antonio Park ($0.50) and 20 minute bus ride to Quepos. This place is family friendly but maintains it's quiet ambiance to be romantic. Anything you need or want will be done for you. The staff was awesome. Did I mention the monkeys? They are all over the place. Not to mention sloths and all kinds of four-legged creatures I have yet to identify. I would go back to this place if ever in M.A. again!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank didiz
Reviewed February 24, 2009

My husband, two boys (ages 5 and 7) and I stayed at Tulemar for a week in February and had a great time. The three best things about Tulemar were the size of the bungalows, the market being located within walking distance, and the private beach. We really like having the separate bedroom so my husband and I could stay up late to read while the kids were sleeping. We bought most of our food from the local market which was within walking distance and we used the small kitchenette (two burner stove, mini fridge, microwave and sink) to prepare the food which saved us lots of money. An added bonus was the beautiful views of the sunset every evening. The beach was also great. It was small and uncrowded with plenty of beach toys, boogie boards, towels, and shady places to sit and watch the boys play in the sand. The downsides of Tulemar were the low water pressure of the showers and the pool. The pool wasn’t very aesthetically pleasing, too close to the road and restaurant, and there was only about a 50% chance of getting pool towels even after we asked for them. Overall, we would definitely stay at Tulemar again and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Eve M
Reviewed February 5, 2009

My family stayed at Tulemar in the Mot Mot villa last July (I wrote a review much earlier, but it wouldn't upload my photos that night and then I spaced it for months). I am a travel consultant so I choose 2 places in MA to give me a better understanding of the price differences in the area...Tulemar and Posada jungle.

I booked Villa Mot Mot through VRBO and we could not have been happier with the room. The villa comes with a person to help if you have any issues or questions...Diego took us shopping to get groceries and drove us around to show us the great places to eat.
The villa was beautiful and spacious (2 adults and 2 kids) and had such a wonderful view of the water and wildlife every day. We had so many animals using our deck as a bridge from one place to another: Monkeys, a sloth, coati, many lizards. My kids loved to just hang out on the deck and watch every morning when the monkeys came through and played on the rooftops of the rooms all around.

The private beach was the best! You can walk there in 15 minutes, which we did every day because there was always some new mammal, bird or insect to spot along the way. There is also a shuttle that will bring you up and down to the beach if you do not want to walk...it is a little steep in areas. The beach has boogie boards and kayaks to use for free and snacks/drinks available.

The restaurant has a great included breakfast...we all loved the gallo pinto, eggs and fresh fruit. Alan served us every morning and he was such a great guy...teaching my kids some spanish and helping them get thier food. We only ate dinner there on our first night and it was a bit expensive and slow for small kids, but there are so many restaurant options around to choose from. It rained almost every night, so we usually ate dinner on the deck watching the down-pour and went out to restaurants for lunch. we loved cafe Malano and the tapas bar right next to tulemar.

I also looked into Buena vista, which is connected to Tulemar, but was so put off by the rudeness of a woman that was answering my emails and by how much more $ they were for the same property. I checked out Buena vista when I was there and was sooo glad I chose Mot Mot instead...just as luxurious for less $ and the owner was wondereful (on VRBO).
I loved Manuel Antonio and Villa Mot MOt!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank Nel03
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We went here on our honeymoon. Private bungalows are great. Views vary from bungalow to bungalow. Some are more rainforest like and others are exclusively of the beach. We had a partial view of both to catch a little flavor of each. Each bungalow feels private and secluded, as well as the property's beach. The rooms are not very fancy and the front office is not very auspicious either, but don't let that deter you this is a great place to stay. The staff is very attentive and friendly. They even invited me to go with them for a soccer match; which my wife was kind enough to let me experience. The restaurant is open air and was the best of all of the restaraunts on our trip. I have very fond memories of this place.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2008

Tulemar was one of the highlights of our trip. We loved the property, the bungalows are so beautiful!!!
We stayed near the restaurant so that was pretty convenient.
The beach was great and the free kayaking was a plus +++.
We didn't have good experiences with the food until we got to Manuel Antonio. The food that Tule Cafe served was delicious!breakfast, lunch and dinner.

We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and Tulemar was the best place to celebrate it.!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2008

My husband and i stayed here for 4 days and absolutely loved it. We had a minute problem with ants our first night. However, the hotel graciously moved us to another room the following morning. We cannot say enough about this hotel! It is in an excellent location and is yet secluded. You have beautiful views of the jungle and the best part is the beach! We had it all to ourselves! The breakfast is awesome. The restaurant has very good food and drinks. The waiters and bartenders provide some of the best service we have ever encountered. Alan, David, Tom, and Jason were the best waiters! The housekeepers provided the best "towel art" with such detail too. Again, i miss the place and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple