Just got back from a 6 night stay in the Buena Vista Select Villas for our honeymoon. We had never been to Costa Rica, but Tulemar Resort definitely gave us a beautiful unique experience. All of the views from our Villa's deck was beautiful over looking the forest and the ocean. I fell asleep at least twice for a nap on the hammock out there.
All of the staff here are all very nice and all very helpful. The concierge service was exceptional in helping arrange our trip getting to Tulemar as well as having Champagne in the room upon our arrival so we can further celebrate our honeymoon. Once we arrived, they again were very accommodating in coordinating taxis, restaurant reservations, whatever we may have needed.
We loved not even having to leave the resort to go on a healthy hike (down to the beach), as well as to see new birds that we have never seen, sloths sleeping in the trees, lizards, iguanas and of course, best of all, the playful white-faced monkeys. These little monkeys were definitely playful and were putting on a show for us.
We enjoyed the free use of beach chairs, umbrellas, towels and we also used the free kayaks to go out into the bay area. The 4 pools were also beautiful. 2 infinity pools and there were enough variety in the pools in that it satisfied what you may have wanted that day. One day we just wanted a quiet and secluded pool, they have that too.
Our concierge Danny also helped plan an excursion zip lining tour at El Santuario, just a few minutes away. I never wanted to do this, but my wife talked me into it and I'll be honest, I am very happy that I did it. The tour guides were knowledgeable, fun and were very safe with all of us. If you go zip lining, this is the place to do it. The longest line we road, was the longest in Central America and was a Blast!
Great trip and experienced things I never had before. Tulemar's staff and accomodations were all worth the trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio