After two weeks of travel, our last stop was here. Exquisite setting in the jungle overlooking the water. We stayed in Villa Mot Mot (Upper) for four nights, which was expensive, and once there, we realized that the setting goes a long way toward justifying the cost. The bungalow featured fully equipped kitchen, big living room, expansive back porch with squeaky hammock, large bedroom and bathroom--plenty of room for 2. Coffee maker and filters provided, but not coffee. Fresh fruit upon arrival was a nice touch. The windows afford magnificent views from every part of the bungalow while keeping your privacy. AC units in the bedroom and the living room are powerful but quite noisy; the one in the bedroom made an intermittent noise that awakened me (light sleeper), and I turned it off since the living room AC cooled us enough with the bedroom door open. Ice maker had to be turned off due to noise, too. Concierge situation was awkward; the two assigned to us were gracious and knowledgeable but seemed offended that we didn't rely on them more to schedule supplemental activities. Can't beat the stunning beach which was also very quiet and private. Pools seemed nice, too, but only dipped in one. If you are splurging and want lots of guided activities (for which you pay), this is your place. Payment transaction and arrangements before our arrival were easy and smooth. Glad we stayed here, wonderful experience, might look elsewhere for next time. 5 minute drive down paved private road on the property to the beach--Tulemar van will take you or you can park your own car there. An indoor bathroom hut is conveniently located just a few steps up from the beach. Outdoor restaurant on the beach: you can sit there, or the waiter will serve you on the sand. Beach concierge will set your chairs where you prefer and outfit you with kayaks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park