How do you describe a tropical paradise with beautiful people who provide incredible service and do it justice? Each year we take an annual “Chix Trip” to a warm exotic location and this year we chose Costa Rica. We picked Tulemar Bungalows based on other Trip Advisor recommendations and are so happy with our choice. From the moment we booked our trip, Julien, our concierge, took care of everything. He patiently answered all of our questions, provided information for us to think about before we arrived and gave wonderful packing tips. I can’t say enough about how wonderful it is to have a friend in Costa Rica who speaks the language and takes care of all of the details. His “can’t miss “recommendations and bookings of our transfers and excursions were faultless and enhanced our experience. He was warm, responsive and kind. We stayed in Villa 114 with a panoramic view of the jungle and the bay. After meeting David who always was there with a smile, a towel and kayaks when we wanted to paddle around the bay, we made a friend in Danny our “bartender on the beach”. He whipped up a number of “special drinks” for us to sip as we soaked in the sun under a tree with a two-toed sloth hanging out in the branches. Rather than climb the hill back to the villa, which by the way is a great workout (shuttle provided if you want) we chose a number of times to have lunch on the beach. The fish tacos and chicken mango wraps were perfect. One night there was a spectacular rain storm and we chose to eat at the Buena Vista Restaurant near the pool instead of “going out” for dinner. We had the restaurant to ourselves and the chef did an amazing job. The vegetables and rice were a wonderful complement to the fresh shrimp and mahi mahi, all perfectly cooked with some amazing sauces. A huge highlight for us was the little band of white faced monkeys that trekked through the jungle each day stopping to say good morning as they passed by our window. On our last night, Julien brought us a surprise to say good bye. Three huge warm chocolate brownies, just out of the oven. We will definitely come back to Tulemar someday. Convenient to walk to a small grocery store, some great restaurants and not far from the entrance to Manuel Antonio, coupled with superior service and a gorgeous view, you can’t go wrong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park