Our stay did not get off to the best start...after checking in on a Sunday afternoon, swimming in the pool and the ocean, we returned to our bungalow only to find that there was no phone service, no WIFI and no hot water. Since we couldn't call anyone, we trudged uphill to the office to explain our predicament. A staff person soon followed, fiddled around with both the hot water and internet, but was unable to fix it and unable to call a service person as it was Sunday evening. However, Chris, our concierge, was VERY solicitous...offered us the use of the shower in the office, provided us with a temporary cell phone, and gave us the password for the WIFI in a neighboring bungalow. A service person did arrive the very next morning, and fixed the hot water heater. The phone and WIFI issues were then addressed later in our stay. So, while I cannot give it a full five stars (they probably should have checked these things before we checked in), I give them credit for addressing the situation as fast as they could and for going out of their way to make up for the inconvenience: in the end, we were credited back one night's stay (without even asking) and we were also provided a free mangrove boat tour/excursion. Our bungalow (#121) was clean, comfortable and had spectacular views. It was very close to the adult pool, which was very convenient. The resort property was also beautiful and well maintained, and the private beach was to die for...Yes, the food was so-so and a little pricey, but there were plenty of other restaurants within walking distance (or a short taxi ride away). The bungalow had a mini kitchen which allowed us to buy groceries, which meant we didn't always have to go out for meals...The staff was always very courteous and helpful, available at a moment's notice to make dinner reservations, book excursions, call a taxi etc. My only caveat: the resort is literally, on a cliff, and there is A LOT of trudging up and down hill...but there is a shuttle service available to and from the beach (which, of course, is at the very bottom of the cliff). So, maybe not the best for someone old or infirm or very small children. But, overall a beautiful, magical place and I would recommend it in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park