We staying at Tunemar for three days in mid-August. The bungalow a very nice with large decks that have views of the jungle and the ocean. We saw monkeys, sloths and pretty birds every day. There was more to see on the property than there was at the park. The private beach was also nice with free use of boogie boards and kayaks. Service was also friendly and helpful.
The property was very quiet, making it feel like we had the place to ourselves. Come here looking to spend time with nature and don't expect a loud crowded hotel (except for trhe howler monkeys that could sometimes get loud).
I highly recommend having a car if you stay here. The property is very hilly with steep walks to get to the beach or to the resteraunts outside of the resort. Also bring good walking shoes, since walks to the pool and parking lots are steep and long. To me this was not a negative, but could be to those not wanting to hike each time they leave their room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows, Buena Vista Villas and privately owned villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes and Villa Kiskadee. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park