We showed up at night, in the pouring rain, needing a room. Desk staff was great, offered one of the bungalows at a much reduced rate. This place would be out of our price range had it not been low season. I feel lucky to have had the chance to stay there. The view from the room was the best of our trip. We ate dinner in the restaurant which was good but expensive. The chef came to our table to let us know of some specials he was planning for the next day that sounded great but we had already exceeded our budget. Unfortunately we didn't return. The private beach was very nice, loved the beach service. It's down a steep hill, almost impossible to walk up. We called for a ride and van was there within minutes. I have no complaints about the property itself, however I didn't like that fact that I couldn't walk in the mornings. Just too hilly for me.
I think the Manuel Antonio area is very beautiful but probably the most expensive places to stay. A great one time experience for us - I think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio