I stayed here in June of 2013 with my newly minted husband and a couple of friends. It was a really excellent stay highlighted primarily by the amazing staff.
It started with the online concierge who took care of us and answered all of my questions before we even got there! She helped us schedule a cooking class and pick the perfect room. The front desk concierge was great and checked us in promptly and showed us around the property.
Our room (the 3 bedroom buena vista villa) was nice enough, very open and airy, but a little musty smelling and drab. Don't get me wrong, it was a great and comfortable place to stay, for the price, I would have expected a little more. The bed itself was super comfortable. The shower/bathroom area was large, but again a bit dark and drab.
The location is great, with amazing restaurants right in walking distance of the villas at the top of the hill and a nice private beach at the bottom of the hill. The staff are always willing to help out with recommendations for food, or a drive to the beach.
My favorite part of the entire stay, by far, was the cooking class I took with Chris and Jose. They are amazing! Great at explaining what they are doing, great at teaching and super funny. The food we made (fresh, raw tuna dishes, empanadas, costa rican chicken and coconut flan) were amazing. If you have a chance to schedule a class with them you will NOT be disappointed. They will come right to your room and make everything with you right there in your kitchen. They bring all of the supplies, and if you have any booze they will also make you a mean cocktail. Could not recommend them more! When I go back to Costa Rica, I'm looking them up, for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park