We chose this resort as the location for our wedding and a week long vacation for our family and friends. We could not have made a better choice. We occupied two villas, Garden House and Casa Las Nubes, and a few of our friends stayed in the bungalows. The villas were very close to each other which was great for our group of 20. Diego, our concierge at Casa Las Nubes, took wonderful care of all of us by stocking our fridges with food before we arrived, taking us into Quepos to shop, and organizing group tours. We spent a wonderful day surfing with him and his helpers.
The beach is on the Tulemar property and not open to the public so it is not crowded. They have a bar, towels, kayaks, snorkels and boogie boards available for use. It was the perfect spot for our wedding ceremony and reception. We pretty much had the beach to ourselves!
We ate mostly in Manuel Antonio restaurants or in our villa but we did visit the poolside cafe for lunch one day and my mahi mahi burger was great.
We saw many monkeys and iguanas. There was a sloth with her baby that was living between our villas!
The villas themselves are incredible, spacious and clean. For a family with children we would recommend Garden House over Casa Las Nubes. Every morning I woke up at sunrise because I was so excited about my surroundings. The views are unbelievable. I wish we could have stayed much longer.
We will definitely be returning to Tulemar and we highly recommend it!
Helpful hint: If you are staying at Garden House, the concierge, Thomas Franz, is useless. You will need to seek assistance elsewhere.
Questionable event: There was a case of money and expensive sunglasses going missing. The owner of the villa immediately offered to pay back anything that went missing which was nice. It would have helped if the concierge, Thomas Franz, had acted when we reported that the safe had broken.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio