I feel bad about this review because 2 of our 3 nights were excellent. My overall rating is reduced because of the last night. I tried to write two reviews but I couldn't do 2 reviews on the same property. We stayed at Tulemar for 3 nights, the first two in Villa Mot Mot which was the wonderful part and a Premium Bungalow for the last night which was not so wonderful. The first two nights in Villa Mot Mot could not have been any better. Very cozy inside, secluded on the outside with fabulous outdoor furniture, fantastic views, Bill the concierge was great, we had monkeys playing on our deck, the grocery delivery was fantastic, there were books and dvds in the villa, great dishes with real coffee cups, binoculars and umbrellas to borrow, the beds had comfy comforters on them and it was just a really great unit to rent that had everything you could ever want in a property in that price range. We moved the third night to a Premium Bungalow which was stark in comparison. The deck was wide open overlooking the walking path, the inside was not that great and was sparse, the deck furniture was not very nice, the beds had a thin comforter on them, there were few dishes in there and they were "standard" nothing special and no books or dvds in the room. On a positive note there was still a nice view and we still had some monkeys come visit us. I tried to justify it in my head that it must be a cheaper unit. I could not believe when I looked at my information that I had paid over 500.00 for the one night in this unit when it was no where near as nice as Villa Mot Mot which was cheaper. I have to say Tulemar should take note of what the owner of Villa Mot Mot is doing because she is doing it right. As far as the employees go, they were all nice, the pool we went to was nice as was the beach. I just was disappointed in my 500.00 villa after being spoiled in Villa Mot Mot. So the wonderful was VIlla Mot Mot, the grounds and the employees. The not so wonderful was our Premium Bungalow and the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio