My husband and I stayed in Lower Mot Mot for 4 nights in January of this year. The unit has been completely remodelled and we loved the outdoor deck. We absolutely loved everything about Tulemar, especially the private beach. We both agreed this was one of our favourite places. And we loved the little town of Manuel Antonio. Our only concern was waking up the first morning to construction right close to our unit. When we asked about it, we were assured it was nothing, and then woke up the next morning to more noise. Started at 7:30 am while we're trying to relax on our patio and have our coffee until about 5:00 pm every night. Loud hammering, sawing, yelling. It was like being right on the construction site. When we mentioned it again, we were told that a unit right beside us was being renovated. This didn't impress us in the least. We understand that construction has to be done, but January is peak season, and in most resorts, it is not allowed at the peak time of the year. We were told that they only don't allow construction at Christmas and New years. Our concierge tried to make things up to us by having a private chef cook for us on our last night. This was very nice, and much appreciated, however I still did not appreciate that we couldn't sit on our deck during the day because of the continual noise. When you're paying top dollar on your vacation, you should not have to put up with that. This is more to caution others that this could happen to you as well. I read another review of people complaining about the exact same thing. We do love Tulemar and would probably return one day, but will be very cautious that this does not happen to us again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your Tulemar Bungalows & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park