My wife and I stayed at Tulemar durring our belated Honeymoon for about five days in August, what a great experience! We were looking for something a little different than a regular hotel, rooms etc. This was it! We had a great time staying in both a bunglaow as well as a villa Mot Mot lower. We did enjoy the Mot Mot, but the bungalow had a small kitchen where we were able to cook meals and look out to amazing views.
The great thing about Tulemar is that it's sourrounded by nature and the jungle, within the property gates. The beach itself is a reason for staying here, it's private, no one hassles you and there are great drinks close by. Great trails, with amazing views as well as Monkeys, Iguanas and Sloths on site.
I will say that if you are planning on staying here and expect a cookie cutter hotel like atnosphere, this isn't it. It's an amazing piece of land that is very seculded and intertwined with the natural sourroundings. There are plenty of services, pools and a private beach, you are very well taken care of, but it is a very private and seculded property where you wont see or hear many people if you don't want to. Also, there is no resturaunt open for dinner within the property, though just a short walk out the gates you have many options.
Each condo is individually owned, so the rates may vary by season. We went in wet season and it only rained twice, both at night. I had read some reviews about the bungalows not being "updated" in a while. This may be true, but it's not like you are roughing it, it just might not be the latest styles. All the Dave's are great as well as Julien who really goes out of his way to help out his clients in anyway possible. Stay here, you will love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio