We stayed at the Tulemar Bungalows in May 2011. I cannot say enough about the location and staff. It's a resort, but it's in the jungle. Our bungalow was surrounded by beautiful vegetation. The bungalow itself was nicely appointed, with a small kitchenette, large bedroom, large living area, and (of course) full bathroom. There was AC, which we did need on some nights b/c of the humidity. But, that's the jungle :). There was a private beach that's was (from our bungalow) about a 10 minute walk. The beach is breathtaking. It's a Corona commercial. There is a bar/restaurant on the beach that served breakfast and lunch (not sure if that changes with the season). The entire staff (front desk, concierges, beach attendants, waitstaff, everyone!) was friendly and helpful. Tulemar is also a great place for animal-lovers: We saw monkeys, sloths, and many lizard while there. You just don't see that in the Northeast U.S.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio