The pictures are deceiving. The rooms are very outdated. The bathroom was straight out of the 70's with missing tiles and mold. I expected bugs being that we are in a rain forest; however, the substantial amount of ants was disgusting. They were everywhere, even in the bed. The staff was less than attentive. The hotel was empty. We ordered room service and told about 15 minutes (just pasta and soup), an hour and a half later we still did not have our food.
We had a problem with our phone, after 11:00 pm it rang every hour. No one was ever on the other line. We called and reported the problem after the first evening and were assured that someone would be down in a couple of minutes. We were there three days and reported the problem more than once, no one ever came. We evenutally were forced to unplug the phone.
Yes, Tulemar has great views and a wonderful private beach. The monkeys are everywhere. However, it is very overpriced for what you actually get. The restaurant and mini bar prices were just as bad as NYC. The pool is RIGHT next to the open air restaurant. I don't know about you but I do not want to see barely clothed people when I am eating nor do I like being stared at when I am in a pool. Stay somewhere else. There are plenty of places with comparable views and just as many animals without the price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tulemar is the premier resort development in Manuel Antonio. Gated and secure, the 33 acre jungle resort is perched on the hillside overlooking the Pacific, but continues down all the way to our own beach. It includes the Tulemar Bungalows and our special and unique villas such as Villa Mot Mot, Casa Panorama, Casa de Frutas, Casa Las Nubes, Villa Kiskadee and the new Tulemar Bamboo Villas just for couples. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Tulemar Bungalows And Villas
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Tulemar Hotel
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio