“Great location and friendly staff”

Hotel Las Tres Banderas
Ranked #35 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had a great time at our stay in Manuel Antonio and at this hotel. Andy and Andre were excellent and very friendly, even bringing a TV into the bar for us so we could watch the World Cup opening without leaving the hotel during a storm. The hotel is in a great location, about midway between Quepos and Manuel Antonio. The restaurant was also fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is in a great location and on the Quepos/Manuel Antonio bus stop. The owner Andy and his son Andre along with the restaurant staff were incredibly friendly and hospitable people. The rooms were great, clean and reasonably priced. I had a great time here and would definitely stay again. The attached restaurant serves "incredible" food!!
Also ask for Andre's tasty famous "coconut margarita"...Ha!

Room Tip: Try not to get a room directly above the bar/restaurant area, not because of the late night on-going...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 21, 2014

First off, I'm a 3 year Hilton Gold member; so I have stayed in many a hotel (internationally).

My Costa Rica trip took me on several legs: San Jose, Arenal area, Tamarindo, and finally Manuel Antonio.

Hotel Tres Banderas, to me, exemplified what Costa Rican culture is, if you were to distill it and pour it into a hotel mold.

The owner, Andy, was very gracious and inviting. I read some reviews that showed him in a negative light.. but if you like people who are genuine, friendly, and funny as hell, then you'll like Andy.

His son was very entertaining as well, and makes damn good drinks.

Put these two together and you're guaranteed to have a good time down in the restaurant/bar.

Speaking of, the restaurant- Gondola (which is operated by a private party), was the best dining I had in my 9 days in Costa Rica! The food was absolutely delish; it could rival any 5 star restaurant that I have been to. The lady who owns it, runs it with her husband, who's the main chef and I cannot say enough about their cooking. Like I said, 5 stars all the way.

Back to the hotel; it's not posh or stunning, but whatever it lacks in that department, it more than makes up for it in charm, warmth, and the feeling of a true Costa Rican vibe.
If you want some aseptic, fake, cookie cutter lodging that you can find in any major world city; then maybe you will be a bit disappointed. But in my opinion, I found a gem of a place that truly felt "Tican" to me. I liked the architecture, the rooms, the look, fit, and finish of the place.
Andy and his son were a blast to be with down in the restaurant/bar every morning or evening; and the food at Gondola was just too good to put into words.

When I return to Costa Rica, especially Manuel Antonio, I will be making Hotel Tres Banderas my place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank albe4sure
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We arrived from La fotruna after more than 5 hours on the way and a recieved a very poor welcome by the owner's son.
The rooms were located very high up the stairs and no help was offered to us. Plus the tooms were dirty and there were stains on the sheets. The breakfast was lousy and FULL OF STAINS. The owner arrived at the last day and was much nicer than his son.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Little things, the employees are so nice...wayyyy so much nicer than the owner... Who was probably trained as a policeman at some point in life .....he was constantly giving rounds....and orders.....felt like if I had taken my mom with us.....he told a family that was trying to keep their baby busy while eating by watching a video on their cell to turn the volume down.....just like that....in front of everybody....as if he was their parent or something...he is do not kids friendly.....when checking in.....told me up front to keep my kids quiet while they were in the pool....come'on!.....You are not allowed to cook inside the room....so whats the point of having a mini kitchen?

Room Tip: Too many stairs to the second floor!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed as usual.Been staying for 9 years now.Andy is Andy and we always have a laugh .The restaurant is doing well. Always good to see Silvinia.foood is good.Would recommend if on a budget.You can't beat it.

Room Tip: Get a suite.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Skip 2 for 1 drinks and come to tres banderas 20% off from 2pm to 6 pm. Rooms are clean and comfortable . Staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. You cannot beat this place for the price as long as you do not expect the Beverly Hills Hilton. Breakfast is included and the coffee is the best drip coffee I have had on the trip. The pool is well maintained and clean. The food at the restaurant is fabulous. Smells like authentic Italian cooking!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple