“Amazing view and service!”
Review of La Mariposa Hotel

La Mariposa Hotel
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I visited this unique hotel in 2011 and I want to go back to Costa Rica because of this place. The location was a paradise, the service first class and the view amazing! We saw Iguanas, monkeys and "osos perezosos" during our trip. My favorite part of the trip was the huge, costarrican breakfast every morning looking at the beautiful ocean!! YOU MUST SEE THIS PLACE

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are huge with a nice balcony and an wonderful view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for La Mariposa Hotel

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend & I have stayed here twice now. The BEST views, wonderful staff, great food. Perfect. We will definitely make this stop a must whenever we visit Costa Rica. It is walking distance to many great restaurants, the beach, & the front desk will help book any tours you want.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank shaneNtuesday
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived on October 5th, greeted with smiles and frozen drinks!! I walked out onto the terrace and was instantly smitten with the breathtaking views!
Since it was not high tourist season, we were given an ocean view room complimentary!! It was amazing!! The bar food was tasty, the piña coladas were delicious!!
On our third day, we went zip lining! Rebecca organized the entire day trip, and our transportation home!! She was amazing! always greeting us with smiles, at breakfast and asking about our stay! Always ready to give out information and reccomendations, incredibly helpful! All staff members were friendly and knowledgable about the area!!
I will most definitely be coming back!!

Room Tip: High floors have great views!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, surrounded by nature and friendly people. the best of the hotel is the location, the view and the pool under the trees. The food is good too and having breakfast in the patio with that pretty view is the best. It is a perfect romantic place to escape from the city. Rooms are OK.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was an early check-in on October 19th and Rebecca was there to greet my party and accomodate an early check-in. I must say from the time I stepped foot onto the hotel grounds I felt like family. Rebecca (guest services agent/front desk associate) made us feel right at home. Upon check-in we were greeted by another employee who welcomed my party and I will yummy blended drinks to kickstart our vacation. The drink set the tone for the rest of the week.

Not knowing what we wanted to do, Rebecca told us not to worry because she helped us plan events each day we were there, recommended fabulous places to eat, and even went above and beyond to help me get a cake for my mom's birthday celebration on the 21st. Not only did Rebecca help me get a cake but she had it delievered to the restaurant we were meeting at for dinner and the cake was delicious.

The rooms were wonderful. We had rooms 21 and 22, the view was amazing. When the locals say La Mariposa has the best view- well you better believe it because we did. La Mariposa is close to several restaurants in walking distance and a bus stop right at the corner of the street which takes you to Quepos or the Playa. I like to take local transportation and the bus system is great and definitely reliable.

The property itself was beautiful. Flowerbeds were well manicured, lush greens and beautiful flowers. AMAZING!

Everyone was so helpful, nice to talk with and very accomodating. My mom was up early every morning and talked to everyone from the security guard to the maintenance and housekeeping staff. Everyone was wonderful and beyond helpful. NO COMPLAINTS WHAT SO EVER!
I work in the hospitality industry and stay a many hotels through the US, Europe, and Canada and I must say this was the best customer service ever...

I will be back and will definintely choose La Mariposa Hotel as my choice property when traveling to costa rica. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Anyroom at this property will not disappoint.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the La Mariposa hotel with a group of friends and had an amazing time. The location is breath taking with an almost 360 degree view. The staff were all very attentive and helpful. Rebecca from the front office was amazingly helpful, caring and went out of her way to make the stay excellent.

Room Tip: Definitely book the premium room, my room was one of the older partial sea view rooms, which was sti...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stunning views, loved the naturleness of this place, lots of flowers and well manicured. Rebecca at the front desk was great, she showed us 3 rooms, all w beautiful views. We went w room 13. Very good value on the off season which included breakfast. Elias is the best bartender ever, we had a margarita, pina colada, strawberry daiquiri, but my favorite was the mojito. i plan to stay here again, I would love for my daughter to have a wedding here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple