“Good hotel Excellent location, gorgeous view”
Review of La Mariposa Hotel

La Mariposa Hotel
Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, surrounded by nature and friendly people. the best of the hotel is the location, the view and the pool under the trees. The food is good too and having breakfast in the patio with that pretty view is the best. It is a perfect romantic place to escape from the city. Rooms are OK.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I was an early check-in on October 19th and Rebecca was there to greet my party and accomodate an early check-in. I must say from the time I stepped foot onto the hotel grounds I felt like family. Rebecca (guest services agent/front desk associate) made us feel right at home. Upon check-in we were greeted by another employee who welcomed my party and I will yummy blended drinks to kickstart our vacation. The drink set the tone for the rest of the week.

Not knowing what we wanted to do, Rebecca told us not to worry because she helped us plan events each day we were there, recommended fabulous places to eat, and even went above and beyond to help me get a cake for my mom's birthday celebration on the 21st. Not only did Rebecca help me get a cake but she had it delievered to the restaurant we were meeting at for dinner and the cake was delicious.

The rooms were wonderful. We had rooms 21 and 22, the view was amazing. When the locals say La Mariposa has the best view- well you better believe it because we did. La Mariposa is close to several restaurants in walking distance and a bus stop right at the corner of the street which takes you to Quepos or the Playa. I like to take local transportation and the bus system is great and definitely reliable.

The property itself was beautiful. Flowerbeds were well manicured, lush greens and beautiful flowers. AMAZING!

Everyone was so helpful, nice to talk with and very accomodating. My mom was up early every morning and talked to everyone from the security guard to the maintenance and housekeeping staff. Everyone was wonderful and beyond helpful. NO COMPLAINTS WHAT SO EVER!
I work in the hospitality industry and stay a many hotels through the US, Europe, and Canada and I must say this was the best customer service ever...

I will be back and will definintely choose La Mariposa Hotel as my choice property when traveling to costa rica. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Anyroom at this property will not disappoint.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the La Mariposa hotel with a group of friends and had an amazing time. The location is breath taking with an almost 360 degree view. The staff were all very attentive and helpful. Rebecca from the front office was amazingly helpful, caring and went out of her way to make the stay excellent.

Room Tip: Definitely book the premium room, my room was one of the older partial sea view rooms, which was sti...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stunning views, loved the naturleness of this place, lots of flowers and well manicured. Rebecca at the front desk was great, she showed us 3 rooms, all w beautiful views. We went w room 13. Very good value on the off season which included breakfast. Elias is the best bartender ever, we had a margarita, pina colada, strawberry daiquiri, but my favorite was the mojito. i plan to stay here again, I would love for my daughter to have a wedding here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place is beautiful. The greatest staff and most amazing views in Manuel Antonio. If you are going to stay in Manuel Antonio, this is the place to stay! When we arrived, we were pleasently surprised that the hotel offered shuttles to and from the beach, and included breakfast. We also had monkeys on our balcony almost every morning! Just be careful, they can be cranky little guys!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Walked in off the street and received a great rate on a full ocean view room. The best view and infinity pools in Manuel Antonio. Paid for a partial ocean view room discounted 30% and received a full ocean view room with private balcony Jacuzzi. Stayed 4 nights and had wonderful service; all the employees are friendly and went out of their way to accommodate our requests. Hearty traditional Costa Rican or American Breakfasts included in the price. They made special requests for omelettes and french toast that were not on the menu at no additional cost. Rooms and grounds were clean and very well maintained. You pay a premium for food and drinks, but they even provided a refrigerator upon request. Enthusiastically recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel with very nice staff. Had a great view to the ocean from our room! This place also got a great sunset balcony and a great swimming pool. Very high standards! We are highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013