1,676 results
All reviews anaconda restaurant el avion efficiency room adult pool building b adults only section ocean view breakfast restaurant rocking chairs national park squirrel monkeys large balcony amazing views kitchen area manuel antonio park destination wedding the main road
Reviewed July 30, 2018

We were referred to Costa Verde by a friend of ours who could not stop talking about how wonderful it was. We had wanted to visit Costa Rica and we are so very glad we decided to stay at this unique property.

It truly is unlike any other resort on the planet. The resort has a bit of a "crashed airplane" theme, which is original to say the least. The decor features re-purposed airplanes at 2 of the resort's restaurants, as well as a cockpit cabin (one bed) and completely tricked out and luxurious 727 fuselage that features 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. We were lucky enough to stay in the 727 for one night. If you want to stay in the 727, you must book at least a year in advance! But it is worth it!

Although there were some children at the resort (we brought our 9 year old), there is an adults-only portion of Costa Verde for those who prefer to avoid the company of children (we can totally relate). We did not stay in the adults-only portion of the resort, but if it is anything like the rest of the property, I'm sure it is beautiful.

Please note that there is a variety of wildlife all over this property! The resort is nestled in the Manuel Antonio rain forest. We were very excited to see monkeys, iguanas, toucans, macaws and other beautiful birds. The monkeys are naughty but immensely entertaining. They snatched our swimsuits off our balcony one morning and abandoned them in a tree, so beware of anything you leave unattended! (We got them back.)

The resort is not "on the beach" but you can walk to a public-access beach. Please note that it is a bit of a hike to get down to the beach, but well worth the workout. I wouldn't say that the resort is a good choice for people with very small kids. Our 9 year old did fine, but I would have been a little nervous if she were 5 or younger. The food at all the restaurants were pretty good. We ate at La Cantina, El Wagon, Anaconda, and El Avion, which is a C-135 cargo plane (and Iran-Contra relic) converted into a popular restaurant and drinking establishment.

We were already talking about booking our next stay at Costa Verde as our vacation came to an end. We hope this review helps other people decide on Costa Verde!!!

Room Tip: Nearly all the villas have an ocean view, but the best view is from the 727 fuselage.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank missed_connection
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved Costa Verde! The view from our room in area D was incredible, room was spacious and comfortable, and we loved having a kitchenette. There were 3 pools, one is adults only so we didn’t visit that one very often but the view there was amazing. There were a couple of short nature trails on the property that we would walk on in the mornings and would always see lots of wildlife. Monkeys were everywhere and they were so fun to watch! Also saw toucans while sitting on our balcony in the morning.
The staff were all incredibly friendly and helpful. We went out to eat at El Avion and El Wagon and really enjoyed our food and service at both. Most of the time we walked to dinner but they do have a van that they will pick you up in if you call for a ride.
The beach was a short 5 minute walk. You do have to walk along a busy road but there was plenty of room to walk on the side and we never felt unsafe. Manuel Antonio National Park was also a short bus ride away. We caught the bus at El Wagon and I think it was 325 colones per person for the bus.
The only complaint I have is that the pools closed at 8:00, which we thought was a little early.
Overall we loved this place—the wildlife and views were out of this world and the location was great as well. If I ever go back to Manuel Antonio I would absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful rooms. We had bungalow 9A- 4 bedrooms and 4 bath. One bedroom was combined with the main living area but it totally worked for our family of 6. It also had a small kitchenette. The view was amazing. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 Stars is we did notice ants inside... but I think that is to be expected here in Costa Rica. The hotel restaurant has wonderful food and the front desk staff is very helpful and so courteous. Loved our stay!!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

Hands down the best choice I made in wedding planning was choosing to have it at Costa Verde Hotel! For the planning and prep Isabel was amazing and took care of everything, I bombarded her with emails which she promptly and thoughtfully responded too. My husband and I both agreed that her advice was always honest and never felt like she was trying to sell or force a decision on us. I put a lot of it in her hands and it was more spectacular than I could have imagined. Most of our family and friends stayed at the hotel and everyone raved about the food, views and most importantly the service! The staff at the hotel was incredibly friendly and always accommodating. The pizza at El Wagon was even a crowd pleaser with our mostly New York crew :) We cannot wait to go back and everyone agrees that we could not have chosen a more perfect location for our wedding. Thank you Isabel and team at Costs Verde for the trip of a lifetime- see you again soon!

- when we arrived to the hotel to check in it was dark out, the attached photo is the view we woke up to from our balcony, paradise!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Stayed with my wife and had a great time ,, the room had everything you can think (C4) we live on the beach so we prefer the forest, we will be back for sure. The views are amazing, we enjoyed the adult only pool,, lunch at the wagon and dinner at La Cantina delicious !

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple