Hotel Costa Verde
Los Altos Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$388
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$239
$222
Hotel San Bada(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$229
$178
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$202
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$306
$282
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$133
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$156
$151
  • Breakfast included
Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$360
$349
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$205
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$104
Agoda.com
1,621 results
All reviewsanaconda restaurantel avionadult poolefficiency roombuilding badults only sectionocean viewbreakfast restaurantnational parkrocking chairssquirrel monkeyslarge balconyamazing viewsdestination weddingmanuel antonio parkevery morninghotel grounds
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Our stay at Hotel Costa Verde in Manual Antonio, Costa Rica in July 2014 was overall nice and enjoyable. Our room was beautiful, all wood and glass windows so we could get the real Costa Rica feel and be surrounded by nature. The views from the window and balcony were breathtaking. The jungle on one side, the Pacific Ocean on the other. Really exceeded my expectations for the price paid.
The hotel is set up as many different buildings, so we had to walk down a big hill and through a forest path to get to our room. The grounds were well kept but during the dark evenings, the walk was a little uneasy for us. However, at least when you arrive and depart, the bellboy is happy to drive you to/from the building and carry your luggage (no elevators). The shuttle will also take you to any of their restaurants if you call (before 10:30PM).
The front desk staff was nice but not very helpful. We could not get our hot water to come on in the shower and they acted like we were crazy for calling (we had to keep calling, too). Wifi didn’t really work very well at all. The beds were VERY hard and left my back in pain. They were very stingy with the towels- we had to go get them from the front desk ourselves and then were asked why we need them. Wow. However, the room was huge and clean, and again that amazing view made up for a lot. We also had a kitchen with a fridge in our room. They also had a little computer to use for internet access as needed by the front desk, which helped.
We also had an ant infestation in our room, even in the bathroom and they were all over our stuff, even the towels. Not a big deal considering it’s in the jungle, but ugh. The bugs in the hallway were ENOURMOUS and all over our door. However this is part of being smack in the middle of the wilderness, which had its pluses such as a nice little visit from a white-faced monkey on our balcony and many encounters with other creatures, such as a sloth crawling the roof of the Cantina restaurant and the howling monkeys in the trees. This was another highlight and truly unforgettable.
The breakfast included was great and the coffee at their breakfast restaurant was delicious. The pizza place was pretty good but nothing amazing. The other restaurants were OK. Very overpriced and unspecial versions of American food catered towards most tourists. I was very disappointed by the food overall. I am a foodie and nothing wowed me. The town of Manuel Antonio is pretty touristy so your best bet is to get some good and authentic local food for cheap in another town.
The beach is nearby (you have to take a cab) and but it’s not exactly the type you would go to lounge and tan on from what I saw. Also they do not provide beach towels, instead they claim they have beach mats for you and point you to a disgusting tub of filthy wicker mats covered in bugs. I couldn’t get over that. So we couldn’t even enjoy the beach if we wanted to. The sun wasn’t out very much during our stay anyway though, so we opted for the pool instead, which was nice with great views of the ocean, although VERY small.
Overall, the room was great because of its size, balcony, many windows, and amazing views, plus the exposure to wildlife, but that’s about it. For the price, it was great but there were definitely many negatives so I don’t think I would return. We did have a fabulous time during our guided tour of the National Park which is a few minutes away and we loved the country overall after visiting Arenal/La Fortuna during our stay in Costa Rica as well. A charming and beautiful country, but you may want to shop around for hotels.

Room Tip: Bring lots of bug spray!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Amanda K
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I was very excited to stay at this hotel, when I read how it had more monkeys than people. .I booked an effeciency room, thinking the only difference was the size of the room. .I was sadly mistaken! Upon check in, we were showed to our room which wad right off the main road where check in is. Not the jungle surroundings I was expecting. When I asked if there was another room, I was told all the efficiences are off the main road. They saod there was nothing they could do. Seeing how this was off season and there were vacanancies, I felt they could have upgraded us. This was a girls trip, and somehow I feel that if I was with my boyfriend I would have been upgraded immediately. The highlight of the stay however, was seeing monkeys on day two. They actually traveled across our roof in order to jump to the trees at around 5 at night. Other than that, I didn't see any. I walked the property at dif times and never saw any wildlife. The food was over priced as we wound up going to a few local places nearby to eat. You can't even get a cup of coffee to go and the staff is not the friendliest. Would def look for a dif hotel if I ever stayed here again. The room smelled musty and the bed was like sleeping on a rock. Not what it seems like in the pictures. .

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank kristi f
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a couple of nights last month. The hotel is in a good location surrounded by lush trees. The beach is a bit of a walk from the hotel and taking a bus is recommended. The room is decent size and the view from the balcony is amazing. When we got in the room, the AC was leaking. Called the front desk and they sent someone to repair it immediately. Most of the staff was decent and the food was good.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a hotel in Manuel Antonio and randomly picked this one. We were surprised and pleased to see how big the room was with windows all around. When you look outside, you feel like you are in the middle of the jungle. There are tons of little monkeys and birds everywhere. Then we could relax in the adult-only pool with an amazing view over the beach. Would go again!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I would say this is the most romantic and amazing place to stay!!! The view from our third floor room in CVII 12 was of the jungle and the ocean with windows along two entire walls, breathtaking. The staff here was very friendly and helpful, especially Rebecca. They were very helpful in recommending great local places to eat and hang out. They were also very helpful in suggesting where to zip line and other activities. The only complaint I have is the beds were extremely creaky, every time you roll over or any other activity the bed creaks and squeaks very loudly. We were in the adult section and this could cause an annoyance to others. I would still definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: If you are going as just adults I would definitely recommend the rooms facing the ocean in CVII.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple