Hotel Costa Verde
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Arboleda(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Karahe Beach Hotel(Manuel Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Coco Beach(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Hotel Casitas Eclipse(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Hotel Verde Mar(Manuel Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Roca(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge(Manuel Antonio)
  • Breakfast included
Byblos Resort & Casino(Manuel Antonio)
View Hotel
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)
1,604 results
All reviewsanaconda restaurantel avionadult poolefficiency roombuilding bcasa quintaadults only sectionocean viewbreakfast restaurantnational parkrocking chairssquirrel monkeyslarge balconyamazing viewsdestination weddingmanuel antonio parkhotel grounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

So I reviewed many places to stay before coming to MA. I kept coming back to Costa Verde based on the closeness to the park and the price. I saw reviews all over the board so I have to say that your experience will be based on your room. Well my wife and I requested a room with a view and boy did they deliver. When we opened the door we were greeted with a 180 degree view of the the beach/bay/jungle. It was absolutely amazing. The room had a great wood decor with a balcony we spent many hours on. The privacy was great as well. The room had a pretty big refrigerator and 2 burners I you wanted to cook (we made coffee and breakfast in the room). The adult pool was unbelievable as well with the same view, good food/drinks/ and monkeys coming by in the afternoon. I would def stay here again. This room made my whole trip. The room you want to ask for is building D room 4. Seriously, this is the room to be at, you won't be disappointed. The other 3 rooms in the building do not have the same view.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Matty778899
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had read reviews of this hotel before I went and they were mixed, and from what I could tell it seemed to be based on what kind of room people got, so I upgraded to the Studio Plus rooms with a sweeping view of the Pacific Ocean. It was the best decision I made the whole vacation! Totally worth the extra money! The rooms are huge with a kitchen and a table in addition to the sleeping area. Two walls are nothing but windows. And what a view….I will never forget it! There is a wonderful balcony the full length of the room and we were on the second floor so we were in the tree canopy and the squirrel monkeys would pass by every day in the trees-very close! In fact one day they hopped onto our balcony and sat in the rocking chair and just looked at us! It was so exciting! The other good thing about these rooms is that they are the closest to the best of three pools on the grounds (an adults only pool!), and a wonderful place to watch the sunset. The food in all the restaurants was excellent! Yes, the property is hilly and you can't get around that, and there are no elevators so you have to be able to do stairs and hills, but it is an amazing property ~ our favorite of the whole trip! We are in our 50's and not in top notch shape and it was not too much for us. I would recommend this property to anyone, anywhere, anytime!

Room Tip: Without a doubt get the Studio Plus rooms with a full ocean view! The views are to die for! Plus you can get visited by monkeys!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beth H
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. We stayed in the B building which had a beautiful view of the ocean as well as the grounds. Room included a kitchen area which we never used- except to put some beers in the frig!
Room was somewhat 'dated' but very clean and large with a large balcony. There was both a king and queen bed in the room- which allowed my husband to use a bed as a dresser- as there was none in the room!
The grounds are beautiful- you can sometimes see monkeys in the trees- but as others have indicated- be prepared to walk between locations on the grounds. The view of the sunset into the Pacific from the adult only pool and bar is spectacular!
Staff was friendly and helpful- particularly Diego at the front desk, who took it as his mission to find us a deep sea fishing charter when the one we had scheduled on-line canceled with 1 days notice.
Finally, location is good- there is a long walk up hill to many of the restaurants, but the good news is that after dinner you walk down!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My family and I visited Costa Rica for 2 weeks in August (myself, my husband, my 3 kids ages 8, 7, and 2, and also my parents and sister. This was my 6th time in Costa Rica, but my first time visiting Manuel Antonio. Costa Verde was such a beautiful property! We we're all very happy we choose to stay there for 4 days out of our 14 days there. The property was very well maintained. It was my husband's and kids first time in Costa Rica and they loved being there. It felt like you were in the middle of the jungle/rain forest. I don't remember what room we stayed in, but I do know it was in the A area and we had a half jungle view and half ocean view. It was a basic room with 2 queen beds, a small kitchen, a bathroom, small t.v., refrigerator, and closet. Since we knew we would have a kitchen area to cook, we did stop at a Walmart near the city before we headed out to Manuel Antonio. We picked up lunch meats, cheese, hot dogs, chips, pancake mix, water, etc. We enjoyed the restaurants on property but we also tried to cook in our room and we made sure we had snacks for the kids. We were able to try out all 3 pools (1 of the pools in the adult area is for adults only, but my husband and I were able to check it out and have a drink). The pools are so refreshing and while we swam their would be monkeys near us in the trees. One of our afternoons after returning from the beach it started to pour rain and we all went swimming under the rain. Definitely a high light of our whole trip. The views from the pool at the B section and at the adult section, are breathtaking. The adult pool has THE BEST ocean views. I couldn't stop staring and taking in the moment. I will say this based on other people's reviews mentioning this, some areas do require a lot of walking and very steep hills. Even my husband who is in really good shape would feel the burn. We would have our 2 year old in an umbrella stroller to get him up to the stairs to walk up to our room. The walk was hard on him. He loved going up the stairs though. We drove one night to go out dinner because no one wanted to walk up the hill after dinner. Also, we noticed a lot of little tiny ants after we cooked. The maids to do the dishes, but I couldn't wait for them so I would just wash the dishes after we cooked. And it's Costa Rica, it's hot, humid, you are basically in the jungle, they are a lot of bugs, and flying cockroaches, etc. Sorry but that's what you experience even if you stay in a 5 star hotel. Don't like bugs? You won't enjoy your time. Out of the restaurants on property affiliated with Costa Verde, we enjoyed BBQ Cantina the best. The food and drinks were really good. El Avion was also great, we had dinner there our last night on the 3rd floor, and we had an awesome sunset in the horizon while we ate dinner. The food and drinks were really good there also. We will be returning sometime in the near future to Costa Rica, and we will be back to Manuel Antonio, and we will definitely stay at Costa Verde again, no doubt!

Room Tip: We walked around the property, and checked out the area as much as we could. We loved the A area we stayed in, we even got to see a huge villa that would be great to book for next time that has a great front patio area with your own patio, and walk way, but also the B area, it's more like a 'condo/apartment' style rooms the views (if you choose an ocean view), are amazing from there, or if you are an adult going with no kids, then the adult area has great ocean views also. I did see some rooms that I wouldn't like, they had more jungle or no view, and the rooms were way more basic.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tatiana615
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stayed at Costa Verde for a wedding. The rooms, views and food were very good. The staff was excellent - friendly, helpful and very accommodating. The event facilities were excellent for a low key wedding with a backdrop of a tropical sunset and ocean view. Great drinks too. Very hilly property. You must be able to climb hills and stairs. Loved that there was an adults only pool with bar and cafe.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends