When we arrived the monkeys were playing on the roof of the restaurant, which was a good start. We have some less good experiences too;
- Our coffee mugs in the room where dirty and contained mold. When we complained at the reception to ask for new mugs, the guy at the reception got me some new mugs but with no intention to excuse or whatsoever. He looked at me saying 'why do you complain'.
- The bathroom was bit old fashioned but everything was working well.
- The first morning we had a la carte breakfast, which was included. We ordered the 'pancakes and fruit breakfast' we received two small pancakes. I was still hungry so I ordered some extra pancakes; when we left the restaurant we noticed that we had to pay for the two extra pancakes. Although we told the waitress it's a bit unfriendly to ask extra money to hotel guests for such a small extension of the breakfast, she said that it was on the menu. Which actually is not true either.
- The day after we got juice at our breakfast, which we didn't get the first day.
- I ordered extra pancakes this second day too, and now i got a whole breakfast with the fruit. This time I had to pay the whole extra breakfast.
- Day three there was a large group who got all the attention during the breakfast. The waitress was serving coffee for the group but didn't service us. Although we waited long to be served, we had to get coffee and juice ourselves. The waitress didn't service another couple either and that couple left the restaurant before they got their breakfast.
- The wifi reception in the rooms is bad. You have to be an IT-expert to get connection - which was almost impossible in the room.
We will not return to this hotel next time we visit Costa Rica. Although the hotel garden is great and there are monkeys daily, we did not feel comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Byblos offers all the amenities and comforts of a three-star boutique resort, while conserving the essence of jungle style lodging. All rooms are spacious offering ample views of the local Wildlife and Garden Areas or Pacific Ocean. Accommodations feature air conditioning, telephone, cable TV, safe box, hair dryer, mini-refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Free gated parking and wireless internet access is available, as well as our poolside Bistro, Jolly Roger Sportsbar and air conditioned Casino. Close to all tours, attractions, spas and local restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Byblos Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Byblos Resort And Casino
- Byblos Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Byblos Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio