1,206 results
All reviewsbat cave barsky loungecosta ricaswim up barpresidential suiteamazing viewsour honeymoonboutique hotelbreakfast was includedplaya biesanzthe main roadmanuel antonio beachwelcome drinkwonderful hotelnational parkpool deckprivate balcony
Reviewed October 1, 2006

This was the first place we stayed in Costa Rica and wow, what a great introduction to the country. From the moment we arrived, we found the service was excellent. The place itself is unique and has a beautiful, relaxing atmosphere. Also, it is in Manuel Antonio (not Quepos) so you are closer to the national park and in a very beautiful setting.
Our room was a standard with one king bed. The decor alone was gorgeous - contemporary and warm. Add in the beautifully tiled bathroom, your own patio AND your own private lawn with chaise lounges overlooking Manuel Antonio national park (they planted hedges to separate each room's section of the lawn), and we were floored. Nice welcome touches like a fruit plate, too.
Amenities are fabulous. The "cave bar" is very cool and unique. Same with the outdoor pool area w/swim up bar. We were there in the "wet season" (off season) so it wasn't crowded, either.
Meals were expensive, but the food and service were both amazing. I have never had anyone pour the milk on to my cornflakes for me before!
Finally, they can arrange any type of tour you'd like to take. This is pretty common in Costa Rica, as we later found out, but two things stood out to me. First, they didn't seem to be exclusive to one tour company - they were able to describe the differences between various ATV tour companies and didn't force us to choose one. Second, they worked around our crazy schedule, making calls late at night and VERY early in the morning, to get us into a tour.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel. Yes, there are much less expensive ways to see Costa Rica, but if you want wonderful service and a chance to relax in style for a pretty reasonable price, this inn is a great choice.

Stayed: September 2006
9  Thank jenhldn
Reviewed August 6, 2006

I am surprised to read all the "perfect", "paradise" type posts. We stayed at this hotel and I didn't think "perfect". To be fair, it does have incredible views. We spent an afternoon at the pool and the staff was really great. The rooms are sterile and uninviting. Concerning the rooms, if you are looking for a jungle-type/Costa Rican experience, this is more like a bad Hilton. The bat bar is really weird. Tiny and a little disturbing. When we first walked into the hotel, there was a young lady sitting at this large desk. She barely acknowledged us. She seemed more interested in her gum. Overall, just okay. I wouldn't stay there again with so many other wonderful choices.

• Stayed: July 2004, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
55  Thank Scott D
Reviewed July 22, 2006

We enjoyed our stay for six nights. The owner, Harry, is friendly but he never introduced himself--but we didn't either--no problem. We had room 10 which has a spectacular view of the bay and Manuel Antonio. The staff is friendly and attentive. For some reason, we only recieved chocolates on our bed for one night, but the room was clean and there was always a fancy towel decoration with hibiscus in the room--always made us laugh. Breakfasts are excellent and the service is outstanding. We did try the dinner and thought it was very good. John, a manager, makes the best "Miami Vice!" The shuttle to the beach was always on time and the guide from Toronto is really friendly. It is a botique hotel and the pool exhibited character too. Most of the guests are as friendly as you are. We did see a sloth one day by the pool. La Mansion does place towels on its chairs which we thought "were taken by other guests." I would suggest to Harry to keep all the towels on the wood shelf to dispell any confusion. I understand La Mansion is building more rooms and a possibly new pool? Construction noise at the time of our visit, in our opinion, was minimal. The road getting to La Mansion is a major problem though. Ironically, the finest hotels are along that road and it can be a mess--but you get use to it--it's Costa Rica! The Cave Bar in La Mansion is unique and worth a visit. I came to Manuel Antonio in 1982 and 1983. I find La Mansion today a major plus for the area--particularly for "budget" travelers like ourselves in the off season. Thank You, Harry, for having a vision to build this unique botique hotel.

Stayed: June 2006
9  Thank MartyB719
Reviewed July 3, 2006

We went to Costa Rica for 5 day and stayed at La Mansion Inn in Manuel Antonio. It was absolutely the best experience we have ever had. We love to travel but when we decided to visit Costa Rica we didn't know what to expect. Boy, were we pleasantly surprised! The rooms are beautifully decorated, and the housekeeping staff adds a touch of personality by different towel decoration everyday. The view from the Presidential Suite, an upgrade from Harry Bodaan, is fantastic! You can see the ocean and the other guest told me that they had fantastic view too. But the best part is in the morning if you are lucky, you can see monkeys outside your window.

Farah and I have been to many hotels with staff that are always trying to get you to buy something to drink. The staff at La Mansion Inn are not at all pushy but are so warm. You see that warmth from the bellhop to the owner, Harry Bodaan. The waiter at their excellent restaurant took the time to answer questions about the surrounding area and where to visit. La Mansion Inn makes you feel that everyone sole purpose is to make you as comfortable as possible.

This would be my number one recommendation if you want to visit Central America. We plan to make this our yearly long weekend getaway.

12  Thank danielbermingham
Reviewed July 2, 2006

La Mansion Inn is the ultimate in elegance with views of the ocean and nearby Manuel Antonio National Park that will take your breath away. The resort is tucked away on a winding gravel road in Quepos, Costa Rica, that leads to one of the most warm and richly appointed resorts that I have visited in my years of traveling around the globe. The resort is lavishly decorated in the rich woods of Costa Rica, and original artwork adorns the walls throughout the resort and in the rooms. The art is for sale and proceeds go to a local school, which has leaky roofs, no computers and only one bathroom for 300 students. Gettting back to the resort, the rooms have oceanfront views of the ocean, and beautiful white-faced monkeys are often sited scampering on the balconies or in the pool area that's situated on a lush hillside overlooking the ocean. The service at La Mansion was impeccable, with responses to requests taken care of vitement, quickly. I loved the beautiful flowers that were placed in the room daily, along with the towels shaped like swans and other creations. I stayed in two different suites, the junior suite, that had a separate living room, with a door that could be closed for privacy, and a beautiful glass etched window between the bedroom and living room, which took up half of the wall and allowed for a view of the ocean from the bed. At night I thoroughly enjoyed sitting on my balcony in one of two leather and wood rocking chairs and listening to the sounds of the nearby park and woods. There was also a dining area, and did I mention the rich furnishings made from local wood. I also stayed in the Presidential Suite and I understand why it won the 2004 Elite magazine Decadence Award. I felt like a queen in the lavishly furnished multi room suite that had a private rock stairwell to the pool and jacuzzi. The master bedroom, which had a fantastic ocean view included a romantic jacuzzi, and a turkish double-headed shower for two. I enjoyed using the telescope in the living area of the bedroom to check out the wildlife and the beach scene from my room, and I even used the stairmaster in a corner of my elongated balcony. Oh, and massages can be done on that same balcony, or wherever you like, on short notice even, with the sounds of the waves in the background. The service at La Mansion was impeccable, with friendly and entertaining staffers who know how to make guests feel at home. The owner, Harry Bodaan, also goes out of his way to make his guests feel at home, and takes time out of his busy schedule to sit and chat with visitors to La Mansion. Champagne breakfasts at La Mansion were delectable, with local offerings, traditional fare, and the most incredible fruit plates. It is also served outdoors where panoramic ocean and lush hillside views kept me mesmerized. On one evening, I chose to have dinner in my room. La Mansion Inn is one of the few places where room service is delivered in stages. My appetizers and drinks were brought first, followed by my main course, and then dessert. I loved that I didn't have to worry about any items getting cold. And by the way, the chefs are fantastic. I would highly recommend La Mansion Inn to anyone. In addition to the beach and national park, it is located close to other B&Bs, restaurants with live entertainment, and did I mention it has the only naturally formed bat cave bar in the country, complete with a VIP room and flat screen tv. It was very easy getting around from La Mansion to other parts of Quepos. Cabs were prompt and inexpensive, and free shuttle service takes guests to the beaches, which are beautiful, and to the national park. La Mansion Inn is a wonderful place to be pampered by attentive and professional staffers who make you feel like family by the time it's time to leave...which no one wants to do. I know I will be visiting my friends at La Mansion Inn in the near future. It's a place where one can really exhale in grand style.

12  Thank FellowTraveler4147