“Perfect Honeymoon”
Review of La Mansion Inn

La Mansion Inn
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Manuel Antonio
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This place is truly amazing- by far the best part is the pool. UNREAL view and damn good cocktails at the swim up bar. A lizard came to hang out in the pool waterfall, and monkeys climb in the trees nearby. The ceviche was also incredible, and the cave bar is pretty cool. It's a relatively easy walk to the beach (probably 15-20 minutes), but you'll need to take a cab to most restaurants. I think the room was great as well, to be honest I hardly remember since we spent so much time at the amazing pool. Staff was extremely friendly- couldn't have been nicer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff B
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

On behalf of allof our staff I truly thank you for your review,,,, I am currently "on the road" for a few weeks looking for more ways to make my hotel even better... I am gathering lots of new ideas!

There are newer reviews for La Mansion Inn

Reviewed May 27, 2014

After an awful sleepless night at villas Nicolas we moved to the wonderful la mansion inn for 4 days.

The staff were so warm and friendly, and after seeing how tired we were from the lack of sleep allowed us to check in early.

The cocktails were delicious, breakfasts and lunch were great. Our room was spacious and clean. We loved the view and the pool area and hope to come back soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

On behalf of all of our staff we thank you for your generous comments and hope to see you back in the near future. I am currently scouting for new ideas and will be adding some great new international staff to make my little Inn even better, I am also gathering some new menu ideas for implementation so our hotel stays on top of the ever changing trends in the hotel industry.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

I was looking forward to a 5 star hotel and was disappointed. We have stayed at two other hotels in Costa Rica before we came here and they were 5 stars and much nicer. The room was large enough but had cheap towels and not a great AC. Anytime you flushed the toilet you heard a loud piercing sound for about 30 seconds afterward. The staff seemed nice and the manager promised us a bottle of wine for our anniversary but it was never delivered. Parking is a nightmare because there are only 7 spots and there is a very steep driveway. The food was good but very expensive. It was cheaper to pay a taxi to take you into town. All attractions are very close by and the hotel pool is decent. It would be nicer if the hotel let the shuttle driver take you more places than just the beach. It was a decent pretty clean hotel but no way should it be rated 5 stars.

• Stayed: April 2014

Stars are in the "eyes of the beholder" and what if 5 star to one person is not necessarily 5 star to another. Conerning the Parking we offer 12 spaces in one lot and 5 in another lot which is usually enough for 24 rooms. The 7 spaces you mention is not correct. We do have rather steep drive way but that also means we never, ever had a robbery because we designed the parking with security in mind. No one gets in or out quickly. What makes us 5 star are our views, our staff and our prices. I am currently traveling through Europe and last night I had the pleasure to stay at the Amsterdam Hilton which is an excellent 5-star property, However, drinks are 17 Euros each or about $25.00 and the John Lennon Yoko Ono Suite which measures 500 sq. feet and cost as much as 1700 Euros with 27 Euros for a simple continental breakfast, If I compare our rates we are an absolute incredible bargain for our rating, Of course, the amenities have to be tops and I do not know what happened with the towels. Our bath towels usually get replaced every 3-4 months and should not be thin. For that I do apologize.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

After spending a week on a hectic tour of Costa Rica, we ended up here. Considering we just climbed chirripo we were tired and in some pain. The staff were receptive to this and gave us complimentary drinks and allowed us to relax prior to the entrance brief. We spent a week at the hotel. For one night in the middle of the stay they didn't have any regular rooms so we were given the presidential suite at a nominal fee. Lots of drinks at minimal cost that day.

The staff were fantastic, the breakfast was delicious and everyone was keen to help. I'm writing this review late. We went in super peak season during new year. Everything was incredible and we will come back. My wife and I were so impressed withe personal touches with regards to service that she says "la mansion has ruined all other boutique hotels for us". I completely agree. Thanks to William and the owner

Room Tip: All rooms are great and have views of the beach.but if you get a suite you get unlimited drinks till...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I came here for my 40th birthday and I couldn't be any happier. The views everywhere in the hotel are breathtaking. The hallways are filled with artwork, and the vibe is very relaxed. We spent a lot of time at the pool, with the swim up bar.. Diego too great care of us and the cocktails, especially the piña coladas were great. Our room was very nice, comfortable bed, good shower (water pressure), consistent internet and amazing views. The staff was perfect. They went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect, and they were all so friendly. To top it all off, my mom was upgraded to a penthouse room with two nights left. The penthouse room was amazing, spacious, private dining table and even an exercise bike. Thank you for the upgrade, that made her entire year, things like that don't happen to us often. The trip was memorable, that capped it off!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephtravel2014
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed a week. And in between fun excursions and dining out, I spent a fair amount of time at the hotel getting to know the staff and the surroundings. Will you be happy here? Yes. Will you sleep well? You should. I did. Will you ever get enough of the magnificent views? Never. But I made a few observations that I think could upgrade the guest experience and I'm going to send those to the hotel manager in a private email---and you will LOVE him! His name is Robert and he's a sweetheart. I also met the owner, Harry, who is just as sweet and down-to-earth. Point is, staying here, you won't be disappointed at all. The staff won't let you, they are gems. But you may find some things that have been overlooked due to money, priority, competency of labor, what have you. If you don't notice them, then maybe my email made a difference. :)

Room Tip: I had a bedroom and a living room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank elevenfullmoons
Reviewed May 18, 2014

While staying at the Inn, we caught a Pacific Mackerel fishing nearby. Our boat captain filleted the fish, and we took it back to the chef. The instruction was simple; "can you do something with this fish for breakfast"? We had a special treat the next morning. A work of art and tasty meal fit for the finest restaurants in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends