La Mansion Inn
Los Altos Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$340
Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$178
  • Breakfast included
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$189
$180
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$130
Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Breakfast included
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$119
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$156
$151
$486
$471
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$120
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$248
1,174 results
All reviewsbat cave barsky loungeswim up barcosta ricapresidential suiteamazing viewsour honeymoonboutique hotelbreakfast was includedplaya biesanzthe main roadwonderful hotelmanuel antonio beachwelcome drinkprivate balconypool decknational park
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Excellent location, amazing view, large room, very friendly manager named Robert. I have more good things to say about La Mansion, but there are a few minor recommendations I have to bump it up a level; for the price we paid per night I expected a pristine bathroom ~ the bathtub had caulking mushed around the side...it wouldn't take much to make that look more presentable.

I also felt that some of the staff at the pool bar area could have been a bit friendlier ~ we are guests on vacation to get away from people with any kind of attitude. I realize good helpers are hard to find, but a smile with an accommodating approach sure would make a difference.

I would change out the nasty-looking old torn sand bags that hold down the umbrellas. A tiny investment into a better looking solution would make the relaxation deck and dining areas look a ton better ~ like a 5-star hotel should look like.

Put additional fans in the cave bar ~ the air was stale and was uncomfortably hot in there. Too bad because it'd be a great place to hang out. A dead and unused water fall always gives the wrong appearance to a hotel ~ like the owner is too cheap to fix it, or too cheap to run it. I would have loved to have the water fall working both in the cave bar and outside at the front gate.

I can't imagine how awesome the entrance would feel if the waterfall at the front gate was working. Guests want to feel proud that they are staying in the best hotel in Manuel Antonio ~ the waterfall says "we are the best"...but if it ain't working it says "times are tough and we can't afford to run a waterfall right now". Your guests then question why they paid so much per night.

Anyway, wonderful place!!!

We'll be back!

Room Tip: Pick a room closer to the front desk/dining area...otherwise it's a 14-kilometer hike to your room. Room 24 is really nice and peaceful, but what a maze of hallways and stairs to get to the front desk.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Tom T
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thanks for your nice review and your constructive criticism regarding the smiles of our bar staff. Concerning the sandbags these are only very temporary as the restaurant will soon have a sun roof eliminating the need for umbrellas. The covered restaurant will ample fans installed as will the adjacent brand new bar.. The waterfall inside the Cave is supposed to be working and I assure you that this has nothing to do with me being cheap but rather with a particular staff member.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Pros:
- great 2 for 1 drinks at the pool daily from 3-6
- excellent food
- friendly staff and manager
- always helpful with booking massages, reservations, and adventures for whatever you want
- well kept grounds

Cons (but very minor little things, but good to know):
- loud neighbors upstairs at all hours of the night (sounded like furniture moving a lot, so weird)
- no good view of actual sunset from the hotel itself
- shampoo and items for shower are not very good quality
- towels very scratchy
- very low water pressure, but there was a nice big tub that made up for it

SUPER STAR points: staff at breakfast oh so friendly, manager (Robert) very helpful and personable, staff at dinner made me chicken soup when I didn't feel well (not on the menu and they noticed I looked a little under the weather, so sweet....and it was AMAZING...fresh veggies and cilantro in it, they really should have that on the menu every day)! :). Also, the rooftop at sunset, even though you can't see the actual sunset, is very nice for evening drinks and catching a breeze. Our balcony view was amazing and overlooked the ocean and was so peaceful.

TO NOTE: this hotel is rather far from the downtown stuff of Manuel Antonio, but then it also makes it very secluded and quiet, which I liked. No private beach to walk down to (which some smaller boutique hotels do have, so if you want that, be sure to inquire).

Room Tip: Decide which area of water you want to face. Maybe go for a top room as the walls are thin (in most places in Costa Rica) and you can hear footsteps ALL the time, so just be aware. Our room was recently remodeled and was very nice.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlexLou4
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Thanks for your nice review and I really appreciate you mentioning about the towels... I will check this out immediately as well as the amenities and take whatever steps that need taking.
Perhaps they forgot to put it in the softener in the final rinse cycle. Also sorry about the loud guests - I am sure they have left (next time please call me or the Front Desk). Regarding the sun set it pretty much depends on the time of year on what is the best location to watch this. On behalf of all our staff including Robert, THANKS and we hope you feel much better,

Harry Bodaan
Owner

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The views from this fabulous boutique hotel are unparalled. It is wonderful to be awakened to the sounds of parrots outside your window. And better yet to watch spider monkeys on the trees just beyond your balcony. I cannot say enough positive words to describe the beauity, the cleanliness, service, and food. I don't usually write reviews but I absolutely had to write this one. Robert the manager was extremely friendly and informative - he runs a tight ship. Stevan at the front desk was fantastic and went far beyond his necessary duties to solve connecting flight and baggage pick up delima. The housekeeping staff were unobtrusive yet pleasantly friendly. On the scale of 1-10, I have to give them a 20!!

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies or outdoor sitting area that overlook the Pacific and Manuel Antonio national park.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2014

La Mansion Inn has real strengths but is not without shortcomings.
Its major strength is a stunning location on top of a hill. Our room overlooked the ocean and the pool area offers two distinct ocean views as well as beautiful flowers. We stayed five nights and on the last night a troop of monkeys arrived (including a mother and baby) and spent time right around the pool before moving on. The birding is also remarkable. We saw frigate birds, green parrots, a toucan, and a variety of bright native birds. The pool is a lovely place to have a drink in either sun or shade. Excellent jacuzzi.
I also give high marks to the staff for consistently trying hard to ensure that we had a good visit. People are friendly and engaged with their work.
Our room was large and the bed was very comfortable.
There are 4 shuttles over the day to and from the beach.
Breakfasts are very good and you can get up early or sleep in and still enjoy one. The occasional visit with Iguanas added to the breakfast and view.
Now for some reservations that need to be put in the context of a hotel that claims 5 stars and whatever room rate you pay.
Parking is very tight and backing down the curving driveway in a rental car was a challenge. But if you have a car, you’ll want to get somewhere else to eat. Meals are overpriced and our experience with thin black bean soup and micro waved pasta gave us incentive to go elsewhere. Walking into town is doable, but it’s a fairly long walk and the road is steep with many blind curves and no sidewalks.
Our room door to a lovely, private patio and small yard outside would not lock and was difficult to close. One chaise lounge was ripped and unusable. Complaints did nothing. More annoying was the Wi-Fi was down our entire trip. I was planning on using the internet to get tourist information and Kindle books. There was a functional computer in the main lobby right by the front door and reception desk, but it’s not the same as using your tablet in the comfort and privacy of your room or by the pool. And there were a half-dozen locked local networks in the area – this can’t be blamed on Costa Rica. Could you imagine a Hilton network being down for 5 days?
The hotel could loosen its purse strings a little. We waited for 25 minutes for one shuttle because the manager left w/o checking the lobby. While we got an apology, if I had been the manager I would have comped at least a drink. One evening there was a reception for guests – you got a small glass of cheap wine and a few nibbles. Try a La Quinta or an Embassy Suites if you’re Stateside.
All in all, this is a lovely place to stay but ownership could invest a little more in the operation.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank foodsearcher_9
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thanks for your response but your comment about microwaved pasta is not correct nor is the comment about complimentary cheap small glasses of wine. Every few days we host a completely free cocktail hour for our guests which can drink as much wine, sof drinks, juices or other drinks as they would like, The purpose this reception is so our guests can get to meet our staff and they can meet other guests. I do apologize for the lateness of the free shuttle service - and yes we mess up once and a while and I do not know exactly what happened but I am glad that our manager apologized as well. You are correct about the WiFi service it is by no means perfect. We are quickly trying to catch up with the more developed world. You did notice that we are in the jungle and that sometimes causes communication problems. The fact that we are built into a mountain does not help this problem. I am checking into the other issuea bout the furniture. Allow me to invite you back for a complimentary night to make up for these inconveniences, a $350.00 value.

Harry Bodaan
Owner

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel has a great view and service was very good. The food was great and its a good place to relax with your couple or friends.
The parking lot is small, but you can leave your car there and the hotel transportation can take you to the beach.

• Stayed: March 2014