We stayed in room 11, the Presidential Suite, the first week in February, and it was all the name suggests. Two large wonderful rooms, super ceiling air conditioners (one in each room with remote control), two separate bathrooms, built-in jacuzzi, very comfortable bed in the bedroom, overlooking a large balcony and view of the ocean bay of the Manuel Antonio beaches. This description doesn't do it justice. However, everywhere on the property, you can get a wonderful view of the sunrise from your unit.
The food for the included breakfast, lunch, as well as dinner, was as good as any of the several restaurants we tried in the area-a little more formal setting, but not fancy. Nice swimming pool with a bar, and a great deck overlooking the ocean on both sides of the peninsula. All the staff aimed to please, with special kudos to Robert (manager), Paolla (front desk with a smile always) and Jorge, very attentive at the pool bar. Your comfort is their priority.
Small inconvenience- parking is somewhat limited, but not a big deal, and it is hilly for walking so be prepared
Tips for travelers to the area:
Don't be afraid to drive from San Jose airport- all nicely paved highway, 3 hour drive, follow directions from www.manuelantonio.net/driving-directions, but stay on the toll road and keep driving on that highway (built since the directions), going through Jaco and beyond. Probably worth the extra money to buy "no liability insurance" if you do rent (they don't tell you how much it adds when you get the low-ball on line rate confirmation) and it eliminates much anxiety driving these two lane roads
They take U.S. currency (500 colon to the dollar) so bring a bunch of dollar bills for tolls and before you can get to an ATM (DON"T CHANGE MONEY IN THE AIRPORT)
Stop in Jaco at the Maxi Pali (big store next to the road, on your way) and buy a couple of folding beach chairs for beaches that don't rent them for the day (only about $15 each)
Check the tide times (listed in the local free magazine at the hotel) when you want to beach in Manuel Antonio area- it comes very high and wipes out the beach at Biesanz, which is down the road from La Mansion Inn- also, if you drive, there may be a guy asking for $4 to "watch your car"- it is income for some people with no job-- don't think he does any damage if you don't pay but....
restaurants- Ronnie's is local, informal, good food,, but down a long rutted road (don't need 4
wheel drive though)
El Gran Escape (Quepos marina) just ok, but nice setting
Z seafood- also just okay
Water here is fine to drink right out of the tap, and electricity is same as in the states
Everybody warns about speeding- if cop stops you, don't pay a bribe or "the fine" to him- he
may take the money and still process the ticket
DO GO to the street market in Quepos on Friday p.m. and Saturday (lasts all hours)- all kinds
of produce and souvenir items
If you don't rent a car, bring a flashlight with you, so that cars see you at night walking the road
DUTY FREE WARNING- If you are making a connection after landing in U.S., then put duty free liquor you buy at San Jose duty free, into your luggage before you recheck luggage for your connecting flight- otherwise, you cannot take it on the connecting flight with you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we look forward to welcome you to our "one of a kind" and super-friendly Inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park