La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$156
  • Breakfast included
Hotel San Bada(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$175
$140
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$239
Bookit.com
Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Breakfast included
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$104
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$108
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$331
$175
$352
$337
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$248
Los Altos Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$400
1,201 results
All reviewsbat cave barsky loungecosta ricaswim up barpresidential suiteamazing viewsour honeymoonboutique hotelbreakfast was includedplaya biesanzthe main roadmanuel antonio beachwelcome drinkwonderful hotelnational parkpool deckprivate balcony
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We found just about everything at the hotel to be great, from the staff to the rooms to the food. We would certainly stay again and highly recommend to any traveler going to the area. The Cave Bar is unique and shouldn't be missed - even if you stop by for a drink. The hotel as an addition for small groups which is very private.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ralph32707
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

I and my staff truly appreciate the time you took to write your nice review. To operate a Boutique Hotel in the jungle of Manuel Antonio is challenging and at the same time very rewarding. We are all very fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful areas in the world and have been selected as having the #1 beach in all of the Central America..

Harry Bodaan

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We arrived on a Sunday and stayed through Tuesday. The room was perfect in every way. We accepted an upgrade to the Penthouse Suite and it was worth every cent. The views from the entry , the room, the pool, and the breakfast terrace were heavenly. Actually, I hope heaven is this nice.

The staff was polite and professional. Carlos at the front desk is the quintessential rico. He is friendly and accommodating in every possible way.

Make sure you get to the Bay Cave for a cocktail.

Spectacular, wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade and negotiate for a price you believe to be fair.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JR71796
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thanks for your wonderful comment and we are pleased to be able to upgrade whenever we can. I surely will relate your comments to our staff especially Carlos.. I hope to see to return one day!!

Harry

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at La Mansion in Mat for our Honeymoon. We were blown away by the service and hospitality we received. The restaurant has the most delicious, fresh seafood. We are definitely planning to return!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Emz_Ilic

On behalf of myself and my staf thank you, thank you, thank you! It is great to get feedback like this that shows we are on the right path. Sometimes we "stray" for only He is perfect and comments like yours and others show that we are doing things right. For an owner that is very rewarding.

Harry Bodaan

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was the 3rd place we visited on our honeymoon. I will start off by saying the views were amazing.

That said. We started off to a very poor day. We arrived and did not have WiFi in the room as advertised by the front desk. I called about 3 times informing the front desk that it wasn't working and got 3 different answers for what was wrong and assurances it would be fixed right away. It did not work the entire stay. Well, except for one evening when it worked for about 2 hours randomly.

We had a small run in with a very large spider, which the staff handled very well. This was pretty unnerving on the first day, but I looked forward to the expensive romantic dinner I purchased from our honeymoon registry. The dinner was planned in Contempo, this little pool area with a bar. We had to go to the front desk to have someone show us where it was, because it's down a little stairwell that says "Do Not Enter". Which, in the dark, after running into that spider was not fun, but I still had hopes for a nice romantic dinner.

The dinner was awful. The table was set with plastic plates and silverware with plastic handles. A disco ball was going with lasers shining in our face the whole dinner. The staff was friendly, but occasionally sang to the songs that were playing. Which was not very romantic...

The dinner wasn't well explained. I had paid $250 for it beforehand and we were provided a menu with prices on it. After some prodding, we were told our limit for menu. The appetizer we had was calamari, which was awful, but at this point, I was in a pretty bad mood and just wanted to drink and forget the day. Our dinners were okay, but not what I would've paid $250 dollars for. We were given a dessert menu and we had a nice dessert, but when we tried to leave, a suprise cake was brought out. This was a nice gesture and the little bit of cake I had was good, but I wish someone would've mentioned that surprise before I ordered a dessert.

The breakfasts were also poorly explained as well. We were provided a menu for breakfast with prices on it the first day, and told after we ate that the breakfasts were covered. The eggs were extremely runny as well. We stuck to scrambled eggs the rest of the stay.

The bat bar was cool and the drinks were well made, but service was pretty slow. In general, the entire stay seemed like they could use a couple more staff members to attend to everyone, as most of of my experiences with the staff resulted in long waits or repeated calls.

The pool was really nice and had great views. The bar service was good, but when trying to leave, it would take quite a while for the bartender to get your check. We charged everything to the room anyways, but were tracked down one morning after not signing the check. I'd recommend having the ability to print the checks at the pool bar to expedite the process, as it appeared the bartender would go all the way to the front desk for the check.

I tried to change dollars to colones at the front desk, which the other hotels we stayed at were happy to do, but this one told me they had no change when I asked. This wasn't a big deal, but just another small thing that showed poor service.

One trip to the pool, there were no towels on the pool chairs. We went to the front desk to ask for towels and the receptionist told us they should be there, when we explained they weren't and there was no one at the pool bar, he told me "he would make an exception". This was another hit against service and just struck me as odd.

We had a bottle of wine given to us our honeymoon registry as well and when I tried to open it one night after a long night, we found we did not have a wine key in the room. When I called the front desk to ask for a wine key, they put me on hold and transferred me to the bat bar. The bartender told me it might be a while because he had people in the bar. This struck me as odd, as all I wanted was a wine key sent to my room. After about 15-20 minutes, the bartender showed up to open the bottle himself. Which was a nice gesture, but every other hotel we stayed at just had a wine key in the room if there was wine there for us.

I don't want to knock this place too much, but we had a poor experience. The room was nice and the view off the balcony was nice. But, overall we had a much better experience at the other hotels we stayed in while in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matt S
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

I do apologize for your experience and assure you that after I talked to my staff, I am convinced they tried to do something very special for you by closing the pool area for your private dinner but my staff assured me that this was at your request and they had given you a variety of options on where to have your dinner. The reason for the plastic base plates is because this special dinner was served at the pool and did not cost anywhere near the amount that you wrote in your review. I understand that you choose to order of the regular menu, including a vegetarian dish and you had the option of sending back what ever you did not like as my personalized Welcome Letter indicated. Since the La Mansion Inn is located in the jungle and connects with Manuel Antonio National Park we have a full time pest control service but from time to time we do have insects. While we do make change at the Front Desk, for security reasons, we do not keep cash at the front desk but change is available during most of the day when our Accounting Department is open. We also do have a limited amount of extra cash available after hours for this purpose. I apologize for my staff singing and unless they know how to sing, agree that this is not very romantic. I also apologize for the time it took to bring you a wine opener/cooler. I truly hope you give me the opportunity to invite you back so I can personally take care of you. I do not want for anybody to leave less than satisfied especially not on their honeymoon. With 24 rooms we have 42 staff members which normally is sufficient to provide good/excellent service. I hope you take me up on my invitation..

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We traveled to La Mansion via van from the Peace Lodge about 3.5 hours away. We were tired when we got to the Inn and then found out our reservation was for December 8, not June 8. Well, after about 25 minutes of biting our nails, the hotel came up with a solution. They had spoken with our travel agent and fixed the problem. But...our two deluxe rooms were unavailable. So, the desk person took us on a short walk, upstairs and down a hallway and we ended up at the Presidential Suite! We also got an upgrade to a Junior Suite! They really stepped up and solved the problem.

The restaurant food was pricey but terrific. The only problem was the presence of ants in the Presidential Suite. We were told that was a big problem this year in Quepos, but the hotel did come and spray for the ants and continued to address the problem.

Taxis are $8 each way and only take 5 to 10 minutes to get to the Inn when summoned. We ate at a lot of local restaurants and had a wonderful time. The only reason the review is 4 out of 5 is because the ants were bothersome. Other than that, almost a 5!

Room Tip: Go for a view on the Pacific side if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your review and apologize for the ants. While we do an active pest control service in place, from time to time we need to spray extra during prolonged rainy periods or when something sweet is left out. This is the downside from being in the Rain Forest. We check every room/suite every day during our regular checks but even then we need to go back occassionaly.