La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$156
  • Breakfast included
Hotel San Bada(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$175
$140
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$108
Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$224
$199
  • Breakfast included
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$104
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$239
$188
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$248
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$331
$175
$352
$337
Los Altos Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$400
1,201 results
All reviewsbat cave barsky loungecosta ricaswim up barpresidential suiteamazing viewsour honeymoonboutique hotelbreakfast was includedplaya biesanzthe main roadmanuel antonio beachwelcome drinkwonderful hotelnational parkpool deckprivate balcony
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at La Mansion in Mat for our Honeymoon. We were blown away by the service and hospitality we received. The restaurant has the most delicious, fresh seafood. We are definitely planning to return!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Emz_Ilic
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

On behalf of myself and my staf thank you, thank you, thank you! It is great to get feedback like this that shows we are on the right path. Sometimes we "stray" for only He is perfect and comments like yours and others show that we are doing things right. For an owner that is very rewarding.

Owner

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was the 3rd place we visited on our honeymoon. I will start off by saying the views were amazing.

That said. We started off to a very poor day. We arrived and did not have WiFi in the room as advertised by the front desk. I called about 3 times informing the front desk that it wasn't working and got 3 different answers for what was wrong and assurances it would be fixed right away. It did not work the entire stay. Well, except for one evening when it worked for about 2 hours randomly.

We had a small run in with a very large spider, which the staff handled very well. This was pretty unnerving on the first day, but I looked forward to the expensive romantic dinner I purchased from our honeymoon registry. The dinner was planned in Contempo, this little pool area with a bar. We had to go to the front desk to have someone show us where it was, because it's down a little stairwell that says "Do Not Enter". Which, in the dark, after running into that spider was not fun, but I still had hopes for a nice romantic dinner.

The dinner was awful. The table was set with plastic plates and silverware with plastic handles. A disco ball was going with lasers shining in our face the whole dinner. The staff was friendly, but occasionally sang to the songs that were playing. Which was not very romantic...

The dinner wasn't well explained. I had paid $250 for it beforehand and we were provided a menu with prices on it. After some prodding, we were told our limit for menu. The appetizer we had was calamari, which was awful, but at this point, I was in a pretty bad mood and just wanted to drink and forget the day. Our dinners were okay, but not what I would've paid $250 dollars for. We were given a dessert menu and we had a nice dessert, but when we tried to leave, a suprise cake was brought out. This was a nice gesture and the little bit of cake I had was good, but I wish someone would've mentioned that surprise before I ordered a dessert.

The breakfasts were also poorly explained as well. We were provided a menu for breakfast with prices on it the first day, and told after we ate that the breakfasts were covered. The eggs were extremely runny as well. We stuck to scrambled eggs the rest of the stay.

The bat bar was cool and the drinks were well made, but service was pretty slow. In general, the entire stay seemed like they could use a couple more staff members to attend to everyone, as most of of my experiences with the staff resulted in long waits or repeated calls.

The pool was really nice and had great views. The bar service was good, but when trying to leave, it would take quite a while for the bartender to get your check. We charged everything to the room anyways, but were tracked down one morning after not signing the check. I'd recommend having the ability to print the checks at the pool bar to expedite the process, as it appeared the bartender would go all the way to the front desk for the check.

I tried to change dollars to colones at the front desk, which the other hotels we stayed at were happy to do, but this one told me they had no change when I asked. This wasn't a big deal, but just another small thing that showed poor service.

One trip to the pool, there were no towels on the pool chairs. We went to the front desk to ask for towels and the receptionist told us they should be there, when we explained they weren't and there was no one at the pool bar, he told me "he would make an exception". This was another hit against service and just struck me as odd.

We had a bottle of wine given to us our honeymoon registry as well and when I tried to open it one night after a long night, we found we did not have a wine key in the room. When I called the front desk to ask for a wine key, they put me on hold and transferred me to the bat bar. The bartender told me it might be a while because he had people in the bar. This struck me as odd, as all I wanted was a wine key sent to my room. After about 15-20 minutes, the bartender showed up to open the bottle himself. Which was a nice gesture, but every other hotel we stayed at just had a wine key in the room if there was wine there for us.

I don't want to knock this place too much, but we had a poor experience. The room was nice and the view off the balcony was nice. But, overall we had a much better experience at the other hotels we stayed in while in Costa Rica.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matt S
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

I do apologize for your experience and assure you that after I talked to my staff, I am convinced they tried to do something very special for you by closing the pool area for your private dinner but my staff assured me that this was at your request and they had given you a variety of options on where to have your dinner. The reason for the plastic base plates is because this special dinner was served at the pool and did not cost anywhere near the amount that you wrote in your review. I understand that you choose to order of the regular menu, including a vegetarian dish and you had the option of sending back what ever you did not like as my personalized Welcome Letter indicated. Since the La Mansion Inn is located in the jungle and connects with Manuel Antonio National Park we have a full time pest control service but from time to time we do have insects. While we do make change at the Front Desk, for security reasons, we do not keep cash at the front desk but change is available during most of the day when our Accounting Department is open. We also do have a limited amount of extra cash available after hours for this purpose. I apologize for my staff singing and unless they know how to sing, agree that this is not very romantic. I also apologize for the time it took to bring you a wine opener/cooler. I truly hope you give me the opportunity to invite you back so I can personally take care of you. I do not want for anybody to leave less than satisfied especially not on their honeymoon. With 24 rooms we have 42 staff members which normally is sufficient to provide good/excellent service. I hope you take me up on my invitation..

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We traveled to La Mansion via van from the Peace Lodge about 3.5 hours away. We were tired when we got to the Inn and then found out our reservation was for December 8, not June 8. Well, after about 25 minutes of biting our nails, the hotel came up with a solution. They had spoken with our travel agent and fixed the problem. But...our two deluxe rooms were unavailable. So, the desk person took us on a short walk, upstairs and down a hallway and we ended up at the Presidential Suite! We also got an upgrade to a Junior Suite! They really stepped up and solved the problem.

The restaurant food was pricey but terrific. The only problem was the presence of ants in the Presidential Suite. We were told that was a big problem this year in Quepos, but the hotel did come and spray for the ants and continued to address the problem.

Taxis are $8 each way and only take 5 to 10 minutes to get to the Inn when summoned. We ate at a lot of local restaurants and had a wonderful time. The only reason the review is 4 out of 5 is because the ants were bothersome. Other than that, almost a 5!

Room Tip: Go for a view on the Pacific side if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for your review and apologize for the ants. While we do an active pest control service in place, from time to time we need to spray extra during prolonged rainy periods or when something sweet is left out. This is the downside from being in the Rain Forest. We check every room/suite every day during our regular checks but even then we need to go back occassionaly.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

From the moment we walked in to the lobby, Carlos at the front desk made us feel SO welcome! Because my friend was a "repeat guest" at their hotel, they gave us a free bottle of champagne (how unexpected!). We met Jesus at the pool bar, and he quickly became one of our favorites! He was so kind, interesting, and helpful (& makes a great drink! LOVED the Tortuga Verde, and the Blue Beard in the Bat Cave!!). When we forgot to "tab out" one day, he quietly came to our room & was so gracious about it! (FYI - hotel management: please try to find that young man a funnel - I think it'd make his job a bit easier! We tried to find one when we went shopping, to surprise him with, but we had no luck locally! He was so funny - he wrote the word "f-u-n-n-e-l" in his notebook!).

We had a bit of a "flood" in our room one evening, due to a problem with the toilet continuously running (we later learned the secret to getting it to flush & stop running). Both the maintenance and housekeeping staff took it very seriously, and got our room cleaned up in a jiffy! That's what's great about this small, "boutique" hotel - the staff is SO great!

The room was a great size, with two double beds, large closet, very COLD air-conditioning (so refreshing in this hot, humid region!), and we never saw any bugs in the room (YAY)! The hotel is very quiet, too - we rarely EVER heard anything from our neighbors (which may have been greatly due to the hotel not allowing young children). We got a great night's sleep every night!

Christopher waited on us most every morning at breakfast, and learned (quickly) that my friend doesn't deviate much on her breakfast selections, and by the 3rd day had her order memorized. That wouldn't happen at most larger (or chain) hotels! What a nice guy he is!

My only negative comments would be regarding 1) - the parking lot - it's very small (it only has room for about 6-7 vehicles). The hotel has expanded in size in the past few years (up to 26 rooms from about 14-16 previously), but the parking lot hasn't grown with it; and 2) - the bath towels could be larger! I wasn't even able to wrap one all the way around me! But I hope that'll change before my next visit - which I truly hope to have! And if neither of these things change, it'll STILL be a GREAT place to stay, so I'll still rate it as "excellent"!!

I TRULY enjoyed myself! You will, too!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol N
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thanks for the compliments and they are much appreciatedI Rest assured that I will share them with my staff. Just as an FYI, we do have an additional parking lot available at the West side of La Mansion as we did recognize that one parking lot does not suffice.

God Bless...

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had nothing but good things to say about our stay. First, they upgraded us to one of the penhouse rooms! The view from the room was outstanding, but even better from the pool and upper deck. The staff was great to us. From the front desk to the bars, they were all friendly and talkative. The batcave was fun, but it is kind of a gimmick. It is very small and closes early. Breakfast was very good compared to the other hotels we stayed at on our trip. The shuttle service to the beach didn't run as often as we would have like but taxis weren't too expensive to get around either.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian C
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Much appreciated...

Owner