Hotel San Bada(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$175
$140
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$156
  • Breakfast included
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$239
$188
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$108
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$104
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$242
Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$201
$179
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$331
$168
Hotels.com
Los Altos Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$388
$440
$422
1,201 results
All reviewsbat cave barsky loungecosta ricaswim up barpresidential suiteamazing viewsour honeymoonboutique hotelbreakfast was includedplaya biesanzthe main roadmanuel antonio beachwelcome drinkwonderful hotelnational parkpool deckprivate balcony
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Every single person as extremely nice... they won me over on their hospitality. My wife and I got married last Saturday in California, and decided to Honeymoon at La Mansion Inn for 2 nights. Both her and I found ourselves saying over and over again throughout our stay, how happy we were with our hotel choice.

Plus, the free breakfast tasted really nice... I assumed the free part would be just one choice, and if you wanted any other option you'd have to pay for it... NOPE: you could actually choose any item from their normal breakfast menu, and it was complimentary from your room purchase.

Great view from our room (Penthouse 4), and everything was new and nice... great working A/C ect.

Again, I was most happy with the customer service, but the hotel is in very high quality and a very comfortable stay. "5 Stars"

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thanks for your nice review which I will share with my staff at my weekly staff meeting..

Harry Bodaan

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is one of the most difficult reviews I have ever had to write because this hotel kind of has Jekyll and Hyde element to it. Although one event sealed the deal (see end of review)

I would rate this hotel as a 3 and half since it is better than average but not deserving of a very good.

First, the views from the hotel room are amazing. The room size was good. Cleanliness was pretty good although the maid missed a pair of underwear (left by the prior occupant) which was behind the door. So overall room was good and comfortable.

Second, customer service. Here is one area where it depends. Front desk staff was excellent and very professional. Wait staff for breakfast and pool bar were equally excellent. Now room service was a completely different story and so was baggage assistance or lack thereof.

On our first night we called for room service. Since no direct line we called front desk. Front desk told us that room service would call shortly. We waited 30 minutes and called front desk back. Front desk apologized and said they would have restaurant call immediately.

They did but seemed frustrated on the other line. We ordered Alfredo pasta as we are both vegetarians. Menu said option with pasta was either Alfredo OR chicken. The food arrives and after the staff left we realized it had chicken in it. The food was good but having to pick through it make it less enjoyable. To add to the frustration, the person who delivered the food told us to call him when we were done so he could pick up the plates. This made sense since having food in the room is not a great idea in the jungle.

So after we finished, we called about the plates. Again we waited a half and hour and no one came. Generally, I won't care but it was getting late and we wanted to go to sleep. So I had to call again. They came and we were able to go to sleep.

The baggage service was almost nonexistent. If I have to ask more than once for baggage help I will do it myself but wont be thrilled about it. Having stayed at several places in Costa Rica, I was surprised by this. When checking out I didn't even bother asking for assistance.

As for the rest of the service, excellent. Front desk was very friendly and helpful, Bar tending staff at pool was the same. Breakfast was good as well as was its staff.

The pool area was nice but could use a little extra love and care as several pool tiles were missing in both the pool and hot tub. But overall a nice pool and hot tub area. Plus swim up bar has excellent views of ocean so it was a good place to hang out.

So the main reason I gave this hotel a 3.5 (or 3 for overall rating) is the hotel had an event one of the nights we were there (For the U.S. Coast Guard).

I understand that hotels do these types of things but this hotel isn't really set up for it. The event took place in the lobby which meant we had to go through the restaurant to get to our room during the event. We also couldn't get past security because the hotel never took down our license plate or put our name on the list so that was frustrating. Are room was next to the band which played music until 10:30 pm. (In NYC that is fine but in a beach area where you get up early kind of frustrating)

However, all of that I could live with except when late at night guests of the event were roaming the halls drunk yelling about crabs crawling down the hallway. (Of course I assume it was guests of the event because the other nights we never heard a soul.)

The questions I have for management are why non hotel guests were even given access to that area of the hotel since there are only rooms back there and why they remained on the hotel grounds far after the event ended?

Bottom line, either you put your guests first or you don't. Based on this I couldn't give them 4 stars which is likely what they deserve but for the negative experiences arising out of this event.

Lastly, parking is a huge pain here as well. Only a few spots and not a lot of room to move your car especially when dealing with a steep driveway. Can't imagine how it is when the hotel is at full occupancy.

So in the end, I would still recommend this hotel but not as heavily as I imagine I would have but for the experiences discussed above. Based on the other reviews, I believe I simply caught them on a bad night but when you only visit a place once that is the only night that matters.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thanks for your elaborate review, appreciate your constructive criticism and I promise I will try to correct these minor issues to the best of my ability. As for the Costa Rica Coast Guard Dinner Gala I apologize that you experienced an inconvenience. As you might know, prior to the event I explained to every guest in writing that we would be holding this event at night and even offered a complimentary reception at our new in-door pool area where I not only could personally explain the reason for the event but also get to know each one of our guests. The reason the event was in the Main Lounge to begin with was because we not only expected heavy rains but also the Minister of Security and other high level law enforcement officials and we needed to apply some security measures. As I explained in my personalized letter to each and every guest besides owning the La Mansion, I also serve at the President of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Tourism and am very involved in our local community. To recognize our national Coast Guard officials for their fine service to this country on their 13th Anniversary was part of this effort. They work tirelessly and under very difficult circumstances to keep drugs out of the United States and for this and many other reasons I decided about a year ago to be the first person in 13 years to offer them this type of recognition by hosting this event which included Navy officials from several other countries including the United States. What we did not count on was that our hotel was unexpectedly fully booked this last week of the month and this created some of the difficulties and logistical problems you describe. I do apologize for this but at the same time I hope you understand that one of the reasons that by sharing our good fortunes we enjoy a constantly high occupancy because of our unfettered support for this small, but beautiful coastal community.

Harry Bodaan
Owner

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I recently spent 8 days at La Mansion Inn. If you are considering this hotel I highly recommend you stay there. From the day we arrived until we left everything was first class. To start, the staff at this hotel is second to none! They have evrything there to make sure your stay is great and if they dont have it they go out of their way to make sure you get it. The hotel is extremely clean and quiet. The food is fantastic and the views from the hotel are amazing. La Mansion Inn, Thank you for a great experience and I will definitely be coming back
Brett J

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 15, 2013

"Memorable" is the most accurate word to describe our experience at La Mansion. As amazing as the views were from almost every angle at this boutique treasure, we found its finest quality to be its staff. From beginning to end of our stay at La Mansion, we were treated more like family than hotel guests. Along with spacious and immaculately clean rooms and delicious breakfasts (the raisin bread French toast was to die for!), we couldn't have asked for anything more...except perhaps a few more days at this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Room #4 was wonderful...with a balcony (and grassy lounging area)...and a view too exquisite to describe.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
La_Mansion_Inn1, Guest Relations Manager at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Rita B

Thank you very much for this excellent review! For us, La Mansion Inn Family it was a really pleasure serve you and we look forward some day receive you in this beautiful place.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The staff at La Mansion Inn were incredible. They went out of their way to make my vacation the best it could be. I had 2 tours get cancelled at the last minuet and they were able to book me on new tours, which turned out to be a blast!

When I arrived, I was escorted to my room and to my surprise, I was upgraded from a standard room to Penthouse #4! I was thrilled, as I've never stayed in a luxury room before. The views were simply incredible. I enjoyed looking out as the sun was setting each day. The bed was super comfortable, and the TV worked well too. Overall, I had a great experience at this hotel thanks to the amazing staff and wonderful accommodations!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Allie S

Glad to read your review, thank you very much for your stay.

Experiences like yours are our mission, everyday we work hard for our friends! We do hope to see you again in the future.

Our doors are always open!