Recently returned from a great week at La Mansion. Brownie ( Larissa's husband ) picked us up at the airport and gave us a great tour on our way to the hotel. Larissa had managed to arrange an available upgrade when we arrived and it was magnificent, the beginning of a great experience. Everyone treated us like royalty and learned our names the first day. There were no strangers at the hotel. The chefs Francisco and Francisco ( there are two of them) are great cooks. They cooked up some dorado we caught four different ways so we could sample the various tastes with the people who shared our chartered boat. Some have said the meals are expensive. That is not the case at all!! Figure on $18U.S. to $25U.S. for an entrée. The only more expensive dish was the seafood platter at $40U.S. However that is more than enough seafood to feed two people. Try the shrimp cocktail. I had it nearly everyday. Four super jumbo shrimp with avocado and cocktail sauce. That is really a meal by itself!! The room we had was spectacular and the maids kept it spotless.
The views are unbelievable. You are a ways from the beach but with the shuttle service running 4 times a day for the ten minute trip you don't have far to go. If you miss the shuttle or want to go into town at a different time it is only an $8U.S. cab ride. We tried a couple of other restaurants which offered very good food but we quickly came to the conclusion we had the best at La Mansion. The regular bartenders Bart and Jonathan are great for giving you information and really good drinks. They keep it all fun. The waiters are great and will get you whatever you ask for even if it is not on the menu!! Don't listen to those who post negative comments about this hotel. It is not a Ritz Carlton but is nonetheless a small luxury resort with tremendous people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we look forward to welcome you to our "one of a kind" and super-friendly Inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park