After a 5 hour car transfer, we couldn't wait to be on the coast and check in to this highly rated hotel...boy was I about to be in for it. From the outside La Mansion looks great, awesome scenery and location; step inside and it is a totally different story. The hotel staff is great, friendly and helpful, but, the excitement wanes there. The hotel is set in a great location, right in Manuel Antonio park but, is stuck in an identity crisis. The room we stayed in, a deluxe suite, was lack luster, complete with a browning floral arrangement and dingy floors. The decor was both tropical traditional AND 80's modern, complete with chrome and black leather. I am all for kitch and a botique setting but, this did not come anywhere close. The bed was large but, creaked terribly. The hotel doors slam loudly and the halls echo, for an extremely small hotel there is a lot of noise, including running children. I have traveled frequently and this hotel is not terrible, it just comes no where near the claims of luxury that have been made by both the hotel's website and previous reviewers. When I think of luxury I think of places like Little Palm resort, Nayara resort, the Iroquois or the Ritz, this is a mid-range shore crash pad at best. The outside pool area is decent but again shows excessive age and wear. Enjoy the surrounding beauty and local as much as possible, this hotel won't do anything to emphasize your stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we look forward to welcome you to our "one of a kind" and super-friendly Inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park