The room was nice and our view was absolutely beautiful. We had dinner in the restaurant one night and the food and wine were quite good -- liked the big fish tanks, too. The bat cave bar was interesting, not exactly our style, though. They were very helpful in giving us breakfast to go one morning because we had an early tour picking us up and they helped us organize a guide for Manuel Antonio Nat'l Park. The 360 view on top was pretty and there were some cool iguanas there and a handful of monkeys eating breakfast right outside our window one morning, which was lots of fun to watch. Overall it was nice and the review would have ended there, but...
Some things were stolen out of our car when we had to leave the keys with the front desk. We'd heard the warnings about not leaving anything in your car when traveling through Costa Rica, so we always brought in all of our electronics, wallets, etc. We had just returned from a long day of ziplining and came back to freshen up before going out to dinner, so we left a couple sweatshirts, a jacket, a backup cell phone, a small bag of dirty clothes and some souvenirs we'd bought at a village and in town in the car. The souvenirs were covered by the sweatshirt and/or in a nondescript plastic bag, so it certainly didn't look like anything worth stealing. My boyfriend had his backpack in back so when we returned he opened the trunk to grab it, locked the door and handed me the keys to lock mine (no fancy door-locking key buttons on this Jimny!)
The car was parked in the hotel lot WITH A "SECURITY GUARD" and the hotel/parking is up a hill off the road, not near a lot of foot traffic, etc. We had to leave the car with the front desk because we blocked another car (lot is very small). When we got back to the car roughly 2 hours later everything in the back was gone -- nothing life-changing but all told about $375 worth of stuff, including an indigenous mask we got on a horseback trip that we really dug. After talking to security and to the front desk, nothing was solved so we headed out to dinner. They called the police for us and we met with them the next day. The hotel showed us "security footage" of the front desk guy going out to move our car and said it was proof nothing happened, but our car WASN'T ON CAMERA so the video was pretty pointless. You couldn't see the security guy, the front desk guy or our car, you could only see when he left through the main lobby to move it and came back in through the lobby. We liked the front desk guy and wouldn't want to accuse him of anything -- maybe he just forgot to lock the door - or maybe he and/or the security guy were involved in the theft. Either way, it was a real bummer for our trip and the police officers even told us (unsolicited) that the security footage was totally pointless and didn't prove anything. Meeting with the police pushed back our long drive to Tamarindo an hour+, too, which sucked.
Nice hotel but nothing all that special, particularly if you're left wondering if an employee might have been involved in something fishy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we look forward to welcome you to our "one of a kind" and super-friendly Inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park