We stayed here three nights and it was pretty amazing. The only negatives I had were about the restaurant and bar, but I would review that separately. The view is unparalleled and hands down the best. Your balcony area overlooks the coast and the park and the pool as well as breakfast area do as well. The rooms are very, very clean and the beds are the most comfortable we slept in on our two week trip. The AC unit was also one of the quietest we had on our stay. All the employees are super friendly and helpful and there is a shuttle to take you to or from the beach 4 times a day so that you don't have to worry about parking or catching a taxi. Even better was that one day there was a sloth on a tree right outside the hotel and then on our last day I was standing on the balcony area when a group of white faced monkeys (two with babies on their backs) climbed down the tree and across the handrails right in front of me to get to the trees below. I stood about 5 feet from the first one as he crossed and then backed up to give the others some room! I wish we had been able to stay here longer, as Manuel Antonio was my favorite location in Costa Rica due to all the animals and amazing views. The only part that wasn't entirely perfect (and it wasn't horrible, just not perfect) was the dinner since they are working on the dining room. It seems as if they put the dining room in the lobby until they are done working, which means you can hear the music from the lobby (nice and soothing) but also the loud blaring music from the bar. The Cacophony was a little overwhelming for me, and I wasn't a huge fan of the food either (although my husband liked it). The air circulation was also really poor in the lobby/eating area so that it seemed hotter inside than it was outside, but it was raining so we had to eat inside. Overall, the hotel was amazing. The bar is a little obnoxious since it serves overpriced drinks ($5 for a local beer) and blares really loud local dance music. It seemed geared toward a younger party crowd whereas the rest of the hotel seems peaceful and quiet. You can probably get away with staying somewhere else if all you do is sleep in your hotel, but if you enjoy delicious breakfast, morning coffee with great views, a comfortable bed and nice room, and the best views Manuel Antonio has to offer... I would really consider this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 5 star ocean-view hotel is located only 2 kilometers from the biologically diverse Manuel Antonio National Park in Costa Rica. Complete with roof-top sky lounge featuring 360 degree views and a genuine Cave Bar hidden inside the heart of the hotel, La Mansion Inn is truly unique. Over time, national and international celebrities have stayed at La Mansion Inn, and we look forward to welcome you to our "one of a kind" and super-friendly Inn ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Mansion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mansion Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Hotel La Mansion
- La Mansion Inn Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio