1,206 results
All reviewsbat cave barsky loungecosta ricaswim up barpresidential suiteamazing viewsour honeymoonboutique hotelbreakfast was includedplaya biesanzthe main roadmanuel antonio beachwelcome drinkwonderful hotelnational parkpool deckprivate balcony
Reviewed July 13, 2012

My husband and I traveled with Denise L and her husband. There were ants in my room. They came up and made light of it. Later that night I had ants in the bed and the following day in the bathroom. The maid told the desk clerk that the ants were attracted to my medication, which was absurd, but I found out that Denise L and another young couple had ants as well. We stayed at two other hotels in Costa Rica and had NO problems with ants. They lost our papers when they went to confirm out flights home and made no attempt to find them. There was no welcome letter, flashlights in case the electricity went out, no umbrellas, The other 2 resorts offered free water, snacks, free long distance phone calls, umbrellas and flashlights. We asked for the owner, and were told that he was unavailable. The manager on duty refused to come back and help with these issues. I have traveled to many places and have not been treated so poorly. The ONLY positive item was that the people who worked in the restaurant were great and so were our meals. The owner's response regarding his constant availability was evidently NOT imparted to the staff. Though the intermittant blackouts were mostly very short periods of time, there was at least a 20 minute blackout during one evening were there were NO lights in the entire place; in the hallways, or anywhere. Generators? Where? Flashlights? NONE. We did not let this spoil our otherwise great trip to Costa Rica, but these items needed to be addressed, and they were not. Consider them addressed here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mjrboca
La_Mansion_Inn1, Owner at La Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

As you could read for yourself I did respond to your friend’s review a few days ago and quite frankly do not understand exactly what happened. I live on property and assure you that we do have a very large generator that normally kicks in after a few minutes. If there is a problem with an intermittent electrical feed the generator kicks in when the problem stops. As to the ants, I am not aware of any persistent or unusual ant problem. I am not saying that what you say occurred did not happen. After all we are located in Costa Rica which, according to Google, has more than 500,000 species of animals of which 300,000 are insects. Guest rooms are sprayed several times a week. We do not have flashlights in the rooms because we have a generator. After your friend’s review I had a special meeting with my key staff to discuss their version of what happened as we always do when I become aware of a problem. I appreciate your comment and hope you give me a chance to invite you back “on the house” so I can show you our generator and give you a personal tour myself and explain our free phone call policy and free internet services. As you can see by other reviews what happened is highly unusual and especially since I was on property when this seems to have occurred. Very strange and I hope you accept my invitation. I assure you we do not take complaints lightly and I hope you can be a little more specific of who exactly you communicated with while you were at my hotel. By the way, I do want to share the Check-In Form with you in which you signed for receipt of the Welcome Letter.

Harry Bodaan
Owner

Reviewed July 12, 2012

A wonderful experience in every way. We booked on orbits late one evening and our reservation didn't go through right away. The overnight staff spoke limited english and we speak limited spanish. Staff was so kind. They took us to our beautiful room, told us to get a good night sleep, and to worry about the reservation and money in the morning. The room had a courtyard with an amazing view and one morning we were visited by a family of monkeys. Fun bar, great pool area, and prinme location.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The staff go out of their way to help you. Room was very nice and clean with an awesome view!
Great views from around the property since its perched on top of a hill. You must drive to Manuel Antonio to the park of the beach...not within walking distance.

My only complaints: the room A/c is controlled by putting your room key into a slot on the wall...therefore when you leave..the AC goes off :(...Also they have air conditioning in the lobby area but sometimes they dont use it. We waited in the lobby for 30 minutes for our tour to come pick us up and I almost melted it was SOOO hot and humid!!

Also...hotel is kinda hard to find if youre driving there. Its not on the main road.If youre driving from Quepos to Manuel Antonio it will be on the right but you wont be able to see the hotel and the sign marking it is mixed in with alot of other signs. So youll actually be turning right on to a small curvy road and following it til you come to the Inn on the right. (very steep drive :)

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I have traveled to 40+ countries and this is one of the most elegant and unique boutique hotels we've stayed it. It was absolutely perfect for our relaxing getaway- I loved how there were no children (no screaming/noises/pool was relaxing).
We were upgrade complimentary as it was our one year anniversary, and our penthouse suite was just spectacular- we could spend all day there and be perfectly happy.
The staff was amazing and accommodating.
The views are just spectacular.
This isn't a 'resort' or a big name-brand hotel. Instead, its forte is the uniqueness of the property and the effort in decorations etc is very personable.
The breakfast was good (and included in the price), the dinner was good too.
I wish we had spent more than 2 nights here- it was the best part of our trip in Costa Rica (and we stayed at some supposedly nicer places too).
LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I would recommend to anyone- without small children, who are looking for a relaxing getaway in a beautiful, natural environment.
The road isn't as bad as others say- we rented a car and could navigate it ok, we did take a taxi at night though as I didn't feel comfortable driving the small roads at night.

Room Tip: Presidential suite is nicest, followed by the penthouse suites and then the regular rooms. The penthouse #2 (where we stayed) had a huge bedroom with private balcony, a living room with a 2nd balcony, a dining room with china, and 2 bathrooms with shower- and with gorgeous chandeliers around the suite!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband, myself and our 24 year old son recently returned from an incredible 7 day stay at La Mansion. We are still pinching ourselves and questioning "we were really there"? It was one of those vacations that we'll never forget. The Inn was just beautiful, nestled into the moutainside of Manuel Antonio, with views beyond belief. Loved the food...breakfasts, lunches poolside and had a terrific dinner one night at the dining room. Tours booked thru the Inn were great...Mangrove and the Natural Park with guide very professional. We had rented a car so we were able to venture out to great places in Quepos, Domincal and Monte Verde. We were fortunate to have great weather...rain only at night.
Driving is challenging but you get use to it quickly.
The staff will cater to your every request!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Junior Suite to accomodate the three of us. Room was immaculate with a mini-fridge that we stocked from local store in Quepos ...water, drinks, snacks. The Inn requires a few steps to get to the pool, room, bar...yet along the way you are treated with beautiful local artwork, flower arrangements and greetings from the wonderful staff.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family